thirty bees forum

Server Administrator

wakabayashi

Is there any guy with experience in server administration? All my sites are down, due to a MariaDB issue. I don't know, how to fix it myself and need (paid) help from an experienced server admin.

Edit: ok I probably found a guy, that can fix it 🤞

Edited by wakabayashi

5 hours ago, wakabayashi said:

Is there any guy with experience in server administration? All my sites are down, due to a MariaDB issue. I don't know, how to fix it myself and need (paid) help from an experienced server admin.

Edit: ok I probably found a guy, that can fix it 🤞

Hope you can fix it fast, good luck !

36 minutes ago, nickz said:

Give me more details it might not cost you anything. If the solver has no luck.

Thx! Unfortunately the problem turns out to be serious. The database is corrupted. The reason why this happened is unclear.

Our downtime is now more than a day. But now we decided to setup a new server. At least afterwards we will have a really powerful one ☺️

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, led24ee said:

Have You found any solution and/or cause of problems ?

I dont know, why it happened. Maybe power failure or hardware failure. At least I hope so 🙂

My site is on again, but still some recovery tasks have to be done. I can only recommend you all: make good and steady backups. I had them and still it was quite some work... From now on we backup our main DB every hour 😏

I have also learned this the hard way. 

Now we have backup of full cpanel account, to both remote server at our host and also to our own Google drive. DB is backed up every hour to both two remote locations and also a copy every night that is saved for a longer period.

On 4/16/2022 at 1:30 PM, wakabayashi said:

Thx! Unfortunately the problem turns out to be serious. The database is corrupted. The reason why this happened is unclear.

I take it no Backup available?

Product, client or User tables export and rebuilding have you tried that?

Backup was available. But when Plesk is broken as well. Things suddenly become much harder for non server guys. 

It was really the simplest to setup a second server and use the backup there. That gave us a good overwiew, what will be lost, what will be existent. For example all images I could easily download, so I had no data loss there.

Normally I would have resetted my main server afterwards and use it again. But this time I decided to use "the chance" and uprade my server. We have now this one https://www.hetzner.com/dedicated-rootserver/ax101 🤯Massively oversized for a normal TB shop. But we will have over 100k products, own crm and erp modules. So we are set for the future 😅

12 hours ago, wakabayashi said:

But we will have over 100k products, own crm and erp modules. So we are set for the future 😅

If professionally approaching set up a VPS as an alternative, $70 a year for security and have the site simultaneously with a secondary domain name running.

11 hours ago, nickz said:

If professionally approaching set up a VPS as an alternative, $70 a year for security and have the site simultaneously with a secondary domain name running.

Thanks a lot for the tipp! I don't think I will need this for now, but idea is interesting. How would that work? Do they share the same DB?

On 4/21/2022 at 5:03 AM, wakabayashi said:

Do they share the same DB?

That depends how you set that up. I would go thru the hassle and update daily/ fortnitely/ weekly if I charge for that service depending on the sales volume.