thirty bees forum

Error when try to checkout and pay after update to 1.4

Havouza

Hi! A hard error to explain but I will try to make it understandable.

In our shop we have a 75 € minimum value to be able to shop, Before the update it worked like the customer could not check out if the bvalue was less and he got an message that he must add so and so much value. Not this does not show at all. Even if the customer add products until it is over the 75 € when you try to checkout the shop freeze and you never come to the payment page.

BUT if you before you go to checkout add a product with a value over 75€, then in checkout take it away again it works without problem

Anyone has seen this before and is there any solution to this bug

I have not. I'm guessing you have a similar situation to us where you have this minimum instituted because there is no way to make a profit after shipping by selling a smaller amount? If so, perhaps a solution like what we did would work for you. We've implemented the below module to handle that situation. For us, we have a rule on a handful of products that raises the shipping cost to the real postage cost if they are only selecting these few products. You could easily implement the same rule you currently have with this module as well, to disable all couriers unless the amount is over your minimum. image.png.b5bb9b2d79de1b1e18d50375ff5deed1.png

The problem is the same. No profit on smaller sales. Our problem is that we have free shipping on everything and its 100 % dropshipping. Nowadays its just not possible to keep up with all price raises on products and shipping. But it has worked flawless until we updated shop from 1.3 to 1.4 and I have no clue where i goes wrong. It seems thT if you start with a product that is more expensive than the minimum value and then buy more that is under you can then take away the expensive one and it works.

3 hours ago, Havouza said:

Hi! A hard error to explain but I will try to make it understandable.

In our shop we have a 75 € minimum value to be able to shop, Before the update it worked like the customer could not check out if the bvalue was less and he got an message that he must add so and so much value. Not this does not show at all. Even if the customer add products until it is over the 75 € when you try to checkout the shop freeze and you never come to the payment page.

BUT if you before you go to checkout add a product with a value over 75€, then in checkout take it away again it works without problem

Anyone has seen this before and is there any solution to this bug

You give no information at all how this technically worked... Won't be possible to give any sensible answer.

• Is it a module?
  • Is it handled on php, javascript or smarty?

Core Updater can delete additional files. Even files, that were added manually by yourself but were placed in a core folder. Maybe it's related to a missing or old file. But ok that's just wild guessing from my side.

33 minutes ago, wakabayashi said:

You give no information at all how this technically worked... Won't be possible to give any sensible answer.

• Is it a module?
  • Is it handled on php, javascript or smarty?

Core Updater can delete additional files. Even files, that were added manually by yourself but were placed in a core folder. Maybe it's related to a missing or old file. But ok that's just wild guessing from my side.

Its a core feature as I see it. In BO Settings/Orders you can set a minimum total value to be met before the order is valuated. How it works is up to the developers to explain. 

9 minutes ago, datakick said:

Works properly on my local environment, with both normal 5 step checkout and OPC. Tested on 1.3.0, 1.4.0, bleeding edge. Same behaviour.

Can be but here it stopped working the same minute I updated. In both shops the same. Nothing is changed. But there is luckily ps modules for it

1 hour ago, Havouza said:

Its a gamble to buy the module and then find out it does not work anyway.

No gamble. It will work to stop the orders. It won't pop a message on why there are no couriers available, it would just say shipping is not available. This is why we just use the rule to inject the true shipping cost if the order is below our minimum. It stops most, but some people still don't care and pay the higher fee to get our product.

Edited by x97wehner

1 hour ago, Havouza said:

Can be but here it stopped working the same minute I updated. In both shops the same. Nothing is changed

It might be helpfull knowing your server data, RAM, Dependencies and all that.

Edited by nickz

On 1/27/2023 at 4:16 PM, Havouza said:

Its a core feature as I see it. In BO Settings/Orders you can set a minimum total value to be met before the order is valuated. How it works is up to the developers to explain. 

Oh sorry. I was not aware of such a functionality in core 😵