thirty bees forum

500 error on Add To Cart, error decrypt not working.

Mark

Question

As soon as I click Add To Cart on any product, a 500 error generates. The decrypt function in Logs is not decrypting the message.

I'm using Chex checkout.

Just updated Core Updater, just checked for module updates. Same prob.

Has anyone had this.

13 answers to this question

Currently experiencing quite a few 500 errors it seems, have made no code or server changes, haven't had time to debug yet, but also getting this read only error when trying to update Core Updater.

EDIT: Also when I tried to update Chex, in the modules folder it said "Missing a temporary folder".

EDIT: Also nothing of any note in "Logs", nothing above severity 1 for weeks.

Screenshot_20230518-082011.png

Edited by Mark

This from the Console, also attached is Consistency Checks Output.

NOTE: Enabling Debug mode added no obvious information on the pages concerned.

Exception { name: "NS_ERROR_NOT_IMPLEMENTED", message: "Component returned failure code: 0x80004001 (NS_ERROR_NOT_IMPLEMENTED) [nsIAppStartup.secondsSinceLastOSRestart]", result: 2147500033, filename: "resource:///modules/BrowserGlue.sys.mjs", lineNumber: 1611, columnNumber: 0, data: null, stack: "_collectStartupConditionsTelemetry@resource:///modules/BrowserGlue.sys.mjs:1611:9\nBG__onFirstWindowLoaded@resource:///modules/BrowserGlue.sys.mjs:1717:10\nBG_observe@resource:///modules/BrowserGlue.sys.mjs:964:14\n_delayedStartup@chrome://browser/content/browser.js:2029:18\n", location: XPCWrappedNative_NoHelper }
BrowserGlue.sys.mjs:1620:15
Some cookies are misusing the recommended “SameSite“ attribute 8
Cookie “ips4_noCache” has been rejected because it is already expired. login
update.locale  file doesn't exist in either the application or GRE directories 2 UpdateUtils.sys.mjs:138:13

Screenshot from 2023-05-18 12-05-35.png

Screenshot from 2023-05-18 12-13-19.png

Edited by Mark

Not even slightly true. I download the file generated by the 500 error and upload that into the decrypt function and nothing gets returned. It always used to decrypt fine. This is the file, and here is the image of me decrypting it. The file is not empty or non existant.

After the decrypt runs, I get the attached message saying "settings have been updated". which sounds weird as no settings should be updated by this process, I should simply be seeing the errors @datakick

Screenshot from 2023-05-19 10-04-08.png

exception_202351910017(1).txt

Screenshot from 2023-05-19 10-08-20.png

Edited by Mark

8 hours ago, Mark said:

Not even slightly true. I download the file generated by the 500 error and upload that into the decrypt function and nothing gets returned. It always used to decrypt fine. This is the file, and here is the image of me decrypting it. The file is not empty or non existant.

After the decrypt runs, I get the attached message saying "settings have been updated". which sounds weird as no settings should be updated by this process, I should simply be seeing the errors @datakick

Enabling debug mode will NOT help you decrypt your existing error txt files. When you enable it, and encounter some 500 error on your website, you will see error directly on the screen. There will be no prompt to download some error txt file and decrypt it. 

There can be many reasons why your back office don't want to decrypt your error txt files. One of the images in your previous posts shows that your server cant creating files in /tmp folder because of read only filesystem. The same probably happens when you try to upload the error file -- your php server can use /tmp dir to temporary store file during the upload.

On 5/19/2023 at 5:02 PM, datakick said:

Enabling debug mode will NOT help you decrypt your existing error txt files. When you enable it, and encounter some 500 error on your website, you will see error directly on the screen. There will be no prompt to download some error txt file and decrypt it. 

There can be many reasons why your back office don't want to decrypt your error txt files. One of the images in your previous posts shows that your server cant creating files in /tmp folder because of read only filesystem. The same probably happens when you try to upload the error file -- your php server can use /tmp dir to temporary store file during the upload.

What methods can I use to check the difference between my files inc permissions... And what they should be? I had a full disk the other day and that generated 500 errors which I subsequently fixed when disk space was restored... but perhaps something happened to code/ data when that disk got full?

Using Core Updater it suggests my files are correct, is there any other way to double check... Note... My earlier post showed that there may be also be executables publically accessible.

Ive managed to get the majority of things working again @datakick. Still getting double display of payment options Credit Card and Paypal (that's been ongoing since I got the cart ), this is just a normal bugfix. Still had the "Registered Hooks are executables" message in Consistency Checks, which I fixed manually. this bug will of course be ignored, but just advising anyway.

image.png.5b89af80defd2c0703612dc713dc9dd3.png

Edited by Mark