thirty bees forum

Best theme for TB 1.5.1 + ?

Mark

Best theme?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Best theme for TB 1.5.1? Looks, Reliability, User satisfaction?

• Community
    • Panda
    • Warehouse
    • Transformer
    • Something else

Question

Im wanting to revamp the look of my site and am mulling over themes.

Ive only ever used the community theme plus Datakick's one page checkout module and so I'd say thats one key reason why the site isnt very good especially in the eyes of site analysers who often find things wrong with the site. I acknowledge its pretty cr*p looking, even if it is functionally pretty good the front end does not cut it to the point where I want to push this website because people go there and I never see them again.

But I want to change that so its smart, fast and looks great and looks trustworthy and try this again. (In terms of fast I use cloudflare CDN already so its not bad, but faster still is better still)

So who uses what theme successfully and happily? and all the indications are your customers love the theme?

Edited by Mark

5 answers to this question

I've used Panda and Community. I'm now with Community. I found Panda to be better in terms of customisability but they stopped updating it, which is why I switched. I believe Panda has been updated in the meantime.

• Like 1

@Mark Check out Cisero template from Zen described in another thread. Four months ago I was in a similar situation looking for fast and modern template. After optimization page speed improved significantly. CLS of 0.46 is too high, I'm waiting for Google update.

BTW. It's still the same VPS server. Updated PHP, nginx, mariadb and Debian.

TB_desktop_PageSpeed.jpg

TB_mobile_PageSpeed.jpg

Edited by Adik
  • Like 2

Ok, here is profiling results from my toaster VPS 😄

A way to reduce CLS is to add min-height and min-width in CSS for divs that change size when page loads. I have also moved price filtering to the end of blocklayered module.

TB_151_profiling.jpg

Edited by Adik

Well, you can't get an official Warehouse theme anymore, so that's probably off the table. I find it the best, however, due to it's easy configurability of many options. I don't know the ins and outs of software licensing, but at what point could someone create a TB theme that is basically an updated copy of it since the dev has verbalized they will not ever do it and it's been multiple years now since their last update?