thirty bees forum

internal server IPv6 added for maintenance mode ?

DRMasterChief

Question

Hello,  i really need a help with the maintenance mode.  It is tb 1.5.1 and maintenance is switched on.

Today we get an upgrade to an faster/better server,  the hoster moved everything automatically and this works really good.  Everything is here,  BO is ok,  all settings are ok,  login is ok,  i will have switched the maintenence mode ON as before,

but now we have a strange behaviour:  when i click 'add my IP address'  it is adding the server internal IPv6 address,  and not the public IPv4 from the home internet provider.

This is strange, before the move there was added my public IP address (from Vodafone cable provider in my case),  and i can reach the shop only from my home here with this IP.

Can anybody help and give me any advise?  The hoster is good but they do not really know tb and can not give such an 3rd level support.

ipv6_tb.jpg

Edited by DRMasterChief

7 answers to this question

Maybe your PHP server is behind reverse proxy, and the ipv6 address you are seeing is address of that proxy server. 

Check HTTP headers, one of them might contain original IP address. 

If that's the case, you will have to create an override or module to teach your installation to use info from that header.

@datakick i dont know if it is behind a reverse proxy  (it was not with the old hosting), 

i have checked the HTTP headers,  some shows the IPv4 and some the IPv6,   i think it is strange,  please have a look at this with IPv6

I also get a 503 error  but maybe this is because of the maintenance mode? hopefully....

ipv6_tb.jpg

Posted (edited)

Today i expect that it is no longer possible to add my public IPv4 for maintenance mode,  it does not work with it.  I have to add the public IPv6  (which changes every few hours),  with that the maintenance mode works.

Strange, isn´t it?  What can be the problem for this?

I use the Blackhole Bot  module, too,  and when i go manually into the 'hole' i can see the red warning site with my IPv6 only  (not sure if this is normal or if there should be the IPv4 usual).

Edited by DRMasterChief

What distro do you use? Do you have ssh access? Try to disable IPV6 support, for example for Debian it will be:

/etc/NetworkManager/system-connections:

[ipv6]
addr-gen-mode=stable-privacy
method=disabled