thirty bees forum

decrypted error message after 1.5.0 to 1.5.1 update

Havouza

This is unfortunate backwards compatibility issue, but there's nothing we can do about it. Your module directly depends on old version of MobileDetect library (<3.74) -- that version is not compatible with PHP7.4 or higher. 

Ask the module author to use method from Context class instead. Lines 165...171 should look like this:

$layout = Context::getContext()->isMobile() ? 'mobile' : 'desktop';

13 minutes ago, datakick said:

This is unfortunate backwards compatibility issue, but there's nothing we can do about it. Your module directly depends on old version of MobileDetect library (<3.74) -- that version is not compatible with PHP7.4 or higher. 

Ask the module author to use method from Context class instead. Lines 165...171 should look like this:

$layout = Context::getContext()->isMobile() ? 'mobile' : 'desktop';

We have the same module in the other shop, both with php 7.4

But we see what they answer

Just now, Havouza said:

We have the same module in the other shop, both with php 7.4

But we see what they answer

The only version of this library that exports \Mobile_Detect into global namespace is version 2.8.x. Library author claims, in docs and in composer package.json,  that version 2.8.x supports only PHP >=5.0,<7.0. It may be that that version can actually run on php7.4 as well, I don't know. But I believe author when they say that it doesn't.

Since thirty bees does not support PHP<7.4, we can't use that version of library.

5 hours ago, datakick said:

The only version of this library that exports \Mobile_Detect into global namespace is version 2.8.x. Library author claims, in docs and in composer package.json,  that version 2.8.x supports only PHP >=5.0,<7.0. It may be that that version can actually run on php7.4 as well, I don't know. But I believe author when they say that it doesn't.

Since thirty bees does not support PHP<7.4, we can't use that version of library.

@datakick Well I got answer back from the developer of the module and they dont update it anymore because no one use PS 1.6 anymore so they have concentrated on PS 1.7 and 8.1.

I have heard that before about other modules we have and now we really have to discuss what to do. There is no other payment gateway that is used in Sweden. With 2 shops, each with about 2000 products this is a huge headache.

@datakick sorry I ask you directly but you seems to know a lot.
Would it be possible to let a freelance php programmer update the module so it work also with newer php and 1.5.1 TB.?
We have it working on the other shop on php 7.4 but that shop is still on TB 1.4 because its not possiblem to update it.

19 hours ago, Havouza said:

There is no other payment gateway that is used in Sweden. With 2 shops, each with about 2000 products this is a huge headache.

You could use Mollie and through Mollie Klarna.

36 minutes ago, yaniv14 said:

just edit the file your self and replace lines 165-171 with the single line @datakick mentioned

Thank you, that did the trick. I did not understand that @datakick meant to change the code.

But now it works! Thanks