thirty bees forum

Updating from 1.5.1 to Bleeding Edge Breaks Product Images

Rhapsody

Question

I have been testing some bleeding edge updates and found that when I update a shop using bleeding edge, the product images are replaced by the camera icon on the product when displayed in the front of the shop because the images can't be found.  Rolling back to the stable version fixes this. The shop is running on PHP 8.0.30.  Shown below are the error log entries (multiple entries) displayed after the update.  Thumbnail generation does not find the images.  I've tried various setting changes on the Preferences, Image page with no luck.  Attached are screen shots of the original settings page and the new one.  Any ideas what needs to be done to fix this with the settings, or should I post a bug on github?

[28-Aug-2024 14:50:28 US/Eastern] PHP Warning:  Attempt to read property "images" on bool in /.../shop/classes/ImageEntity.php on line 118
[28-Aug-2024 14:50:28 US/Eastern] PHP Warning:  Attempt to read property "image" on null in /.../shop/classes/ImageEntity.php on line 118
[28-Aug-2024 14:50:28 US/Eastern] PHP Warning:  foreach() argument must be of type array|object, null given in /.../shop/classes/ImageEntity.php on line 118

old-image-page.png

new-image-page.png

Just now, Rhapsody said:

Making progress - I found that turning off friendly URLs fixes the images on bleeding edge. I'll be looking into why the friendly path get broken.  Pass on any ideas you may have. 

Yeah, this is kind of logical. The problem is not the source files or the thumbnails. It's the rewrite.

Mod rewrite is on and functioning.  What I can't figure out is when I manually edit the .htaccess file (using cpanel rather than the TB save function) I still can't get the proper product image link redirection. I've also used an incognito window to make sure the browser isn't caching anything when I try this.

Feel free to pass on any other troubleshooting tips.

Another data point.  I have 3 shops hosted on different Linux hosts.  One is on GoDaddy, and the other two on Glowhost.  All three shops exhibit the same behavior when upgraded to bleeding edge.  Rolling back to stable 1.5.1 restores the images.