thirty bees forum

Product Comments module - suggestion to show only initials

30knees

Hi,

I think it would be a nice enhancement to be able to select in the backend to show only the initials of the reviewer in the Product Comments module. We have a lot of customers who only want their initials to be shown.

Is there a way to perhaps manually change this until/if the suggestion gets picked up? I changed the name in the database at tbproductcomment and then customer_name, but it looks like tb pulls the name from somewhere else.

Edit: I am actually transferring reviews from our old shop and thus entering the reviews myself, but it's my name that's showing up, as I am logged in for the reviews. I thought about making the reviews as a guest now. So I replaced the customer ID of the reviews with 0 and added new guest IDs (random), but now none of the reviews is displaying.

@30knees said in Product Comments module - suggestion to show only initials:

Edit: I am actually transferring reviews from our old shop and thus entering the reviews myself, but it's my name that's showing up, as I am logged in for the reviews. I thought about making the reviews as a guest now. So I replaced the customer ID of the reviews with 0 and added new guest IDs (random), but now none of the reviews is displaying.

Figured something out: The IDcustomer field cannot be 0. If it is, reviews aren't displayed. Any ideas on what to enter for the customer ID for guest reviews? There is a separate IDguest.

EDIT: The guest comment bug is resolved: https://forum.thirtybees.com/topic/755/bug-verification-guest-product-comments-do-not-show-up-on-product-comments-v4-0-1

I don't know how to code, unfortunately.

In productcomments.tpl in themes/panda/modules/productcomments I found:

```

{dateFormat date=$comment.date_add|escape:'html':'UTF-8' full=0}

``` But how do I take the first letter of the first name and the first letter of the last name and a dot after each, so that Mickey Mouse becomes M. M.?

Sure, that is a possibility. It would take a custom edit to the core of the module. It is not something we would edit into the module to release just because it will likely get reviews excluded from everywhere that might aggregate them.

• 5 months later...