thirty bees forum

Can't remove/hide/disable right and left columns in my product and CMS pages

x97wehner

Question

16 answers to this question

Yes, already tried. That just leaves me with an empty column, the same as adding display:none in global css. I want to keep the columns from loading to get center column to render correctly. In prestashop, I can deselect the cms, product, and category columns in theme advanced settings, but in thirty bees not.

Please help.

I was just investigating further. Prestashop 1.6 has supported this functionality for quite some time....if not since day one of 1.6. I'm really not sure of the exact timeline. Why does thirty bees omit this functionality? It makes it challenging for current Prestashop users to transition if their themes will not operate as they do currently in their prestashop instance of 1.6.

Just for fun I tried to import the default-bootstrap theme from a fresh copy of prestashop 1.6.1.17 to see if it enabled the selection of those pages in advanced theme settings. It does not leading me to believe this is a undesired restriction of 30 bees.

Ok, go into your database and find the tbmeta table. Find whichever page type you want to edit there. What you want is the idmeta, https://www.screencast.com/t/xzzZKyBXTJ3 Then go to the theme_meta table and match up the ID meta and from there you can use 1 in the column value to disable it.

Alright. I follow your directions but then quickly found that cms, product, and category didn't exist in the tbmeta table. Not sure if this is a bug or desired functionality. I inserted them as new rows, then added them to the tbmetalang table as well (Not sure if this was necessary.) Then I was able to add new rows for each in the thememeta which made them show up in the theme advanced settings and all seems to be working.

Thanks for the assistance and hope this helps others with the same issue.

• Like 1

Modifing your database and tables is the only way to do it. You need to use phpMyAdmin, to do the modifications. You can go into tb_meta, go down to 27-product, 28-category, and 29-cms, and set the configurable to 1 for each. That will give you the options in advanced settings to change them.

that doesnt solve it for me. For my own theme there are much more tables missing, and the 27-product, 28-category, and 29-cms for my theme(id 2) doesnt even show up in tb_meta. So i give up this, it costs me too much energy. I tried PS 1.7 and everything is there from scratch. I am struggling for months to get things working, dont think this is something for me, i have to spend time in selling, not in coding. I am a bit dissapointed because i see this problem is already mentioned 5 months ago.