thirty bees forum

Full Custom Product Page Tabs

hfxracing

Hello I have a delima because this is a feature I would like my shop to have biggest problem I honestly do not feel it's worth the price. For me in my currency for this mod is $63.00. The mod I am looking for does this. Its Global it has vertical or horizontal options & you can display on products or category. If you have lots of products you do not have time to edit every product to add the same information. https://addons.prestashop.com/en/additional-information-product-tab/4892-product-extra-tabs.html

So my question is there a way I can do this on the cheap. This should be worth no more then $20.00 $30.00 max but out of the box PS & TB are lacking on the product page only because not all questions can be answered for your customer on the product page. If you sell clothing then a sizing charts are important and both carts as demos show clothing & fashion but have no way of answering that question. Tabs can do this and you need both options(product or Global all products or Category's) or it's useless IMO because sizing charts differ from one manufacture to another. Also another question always is shipping or the return policy. With a tab I can display shipping estimates for these products. Return policy. We have the other core elements price buy or add to cart button & description. I am not sure why this is missing on so many shopping cart software's.The reason I stress this plugin have to be at low cost is that paid services like Shopify Woo & big commerce are starting to come down in price.If you keep adding $60.00 mods & then pay for a domain & hosting at some point you just better off going on the paid service.

I guess my question is. Would the community be interested in making a cheap version or free version of this or can I be directed to where I can buy one without loosing my shirt in the process.

@hfxracing

I know that there is also a free module in the PS forum. Only how current the module is still the Kompaitibilität with TB I do not know at the moment.

if necessary look for my instructions for an additional field. Just customize the data to work as a text box. https://forum.thirtybees.com/topic/1215/add-extra-field-to-product-selection-in-admin-orders/14

@zimmer-media There is a free one humm must see if i can find that. I seem to find they are either made so that it can only be added to a product or it can only be added as a global feature. I would like it to be able to do both. Your custom code edits might be a option only downside is when I upgrade the cart the edits get wiped and I would have to edit every product that needed the custom information on it.

@hfxracing I use faqextra_ (Presta-Apps Solutions) _v2.0.3.zip modules (Presta-Apps Solutions). It has some useful features and can be slightly more than a normal faq module. Apparently the module is no longer offered by the programmer. Works with TB so far without problems.

Maybe also a way to expand your shop.

@mockob That one is pretty good it's lacking in a few area's ability to shut off the part that it adds to your add to cart that extra information does not need to be there if the customer has chosen to click add to cart we want them to finish that impulse & not get distracted. 2 for a product specific tab it add the word highlights now if you could edit that to whatever you wanted the tab to say we would have a winner here. Oh and you can't go vertical or horizontal via your choice.

The vertical to horizontal depends on your theme. There is a tutorial for converting to horizontal tabs. I would not use one that converts my theme, they are very badly done, they use jquery to replace the whole section and are pretty heavy on processing power.

@hfxracing said in Full Custom Product Page Tabs:

it's lacking in a few area's ability to shut off the part that it adds to your add to cart that extra information does not need to be there if the customer has chosen to click add to cart we want them to finish that impulse & not get distracted

Please explain me more detailed what information the module is adding because I'm planning to buy it but I don't want to miss sales because of it. I'm just seeing additional product tabs on the product page, same tabs as default ones and I can't say the default ones are distracting the customers.

• 2 months later...

Hello hfxracing

you might have a closer look at Vekia's HTMLBoxPro and TinyMCE module (mypresta.eu I think is the url).

You can to astonishing things with it. The Box module can create custom hooks and shortcuts I think so you could export your category via SQL any tool that suits you and do a quick mass edit in order to add the custom hook to the product descriptions of the category. You could add there your needed html/css/JS code. What ever.

TinyMCE now learned to use the "accordion" way of showing and 'gridding' text. You could in the way mentioned also mass insert the text as code snipped. Perhaps you contact Vekia since he is pretty in this (he also has Tab modules). Might be you have to ask for Thirtybees compatibilty, too.