thirty bees forum

Youtube or Vimeo ?

vincentdenkspel

Hi, when i am browsing through the net (just for my own private interests, hobbies....) sometimes there are problems with youtube-videos in some countries and they cant be shown then. With Vimeo i did not have problems like that until now. I also included some Vimeo vids in a Koken CMS and this works well and plays fast.

We used to load videos and tunes from YouTube and SoundCloud, and that worked fine in the start. However, as we added the iframes the page got slower and slower. It became so slow it wasnt usable. Now this was on one page, so maybe you wont face the issue we had. To solve this we created our own page with a js player, and loaded the files from our domain, and now the page is supersnappy!

@mdekker I'm not 100% sure about that, but yes I think that with the youtube's HTML5 player you can have many videos on the same page without slowing down the user's browser.

If all that I said is not true, this can help: https://webdesign.tutsplus.com/tutorials/how-to-lazy-load-embedded-youtube-videos--cms-26743