thirty bees forum

Progress sharing

hubbobubbo

Non-techie people don't tend to use the likes of slack and gitter and rely on forum updates / blog posts, a lot only work off the version released on Softalicious etc and only find the forums when they run into problems (unless they just give up). TBH I didn't even know TB had a gitter or slack channel, maybe I missed those posts!

It does seem like TB is going down the route of dev orientated rather than business user, especially given the activity there. A few other ecommerce platforms I'm watching are also similar with most the activity on those chat boards and not on their forums.

A fortnightly update from those channels of issues fixed / raised and stuff from github would appease a lot of people here that think TB has stalled. Something similar to build.prestashop with their weekly code updates might work.

@hubbobubbo said in Progress sharing:

After 18 days without any commits on github I would just like to repeat my initial question. Would it be possible to get any kind of status/progress information on how the 1.0.4 work is coming along? I would really like to help with testing it but since my previous attempt of installingRC1 did not work I am holding on for the official release.

I can see recent commits on public and private repositories... https://github.com/firstred?tab=overview&from=2018-03-01&to=2018-03-21

Glad to hear there are more progress updates. This is a bit of a leap of faith for some of us, but we believe in this project. I'm building a few store for some big names (and smaller names) and can't really afford to see this project go down in the near future.

Thanks for the good news