thirty bees forum

About the 1.0.1 release

I see thirty bees' version tag being bumped in the Git repository, but I see nobody talking about this.

Anyways, TB is now 1.0.1-beta.1: https://github.com/thirtybees/ThirtyBees/commit/933a73ed719ccaf77c28b6e5a90996f073e74d6f

Bonus points if one of the developers can make us a package to allow testing for those folks not comfortable with Git :-)

@Traumflug said in About the 1.0.1 release:

TB is now 1.0.1-beta.1: https://github.com/thirtybees/ThirtyBees/commit/933a73ed719ccaf77c28b6e5a90996f073e74d6f

Bonus points if one of the developers can make us a package to allow testing for those folks not comfortable with Git :-)

Click this link: https://github.com/thirtybees/ThirtyBees/commit/933a73ed719ccaf77c28b6e5a90996f073e74d6f

Click on "browse files" on the right.

Click the large bright green button on the right - "clone or download"

Click Download ZIP and save. See screenshot.

0_1491391764604_thirty-bees-git-download.jpg

@mdekker said in About the 1.0.1 release:

That does not work. It will lack native modules.

I constantly build packages for testing and now for the migration, too. So here's one of mine: 01491392815729thirtybees-v1.0.1-beta.1.zip

I haven't found many bugs. The only things that seem to be broken are URL redirects (new tab: Preferences > Redirects) and the fixer.io module doesn't update currency rates.

I'm sorry. I deleted my post about how to download. Was that the correct way to download a beta version from git?

I got confused and thought that the post was about an official beta release.

Some first thoughts about the beta: I installed it earlier today and played with it half an hour.

1. Old style top menu.

2. About the duplicate urls menu: There are duplicate urls already - ID 5 and 6 with the demo products for both English and German version. But when I change the URL for the English version it doesn't change for German version also? After that I can see the edited product in preferences/redirects but when I click on it nothing happens and I'm not sure what will happen if I hit delete, will it delete the product or the redirect and will have duplicate again? Isn't it possible to do it like that: When you add a product, category etc to check if there is existing product with same URL already and inform you to change it in real time, instead those additional menus?

3. At some point the custom cms module disappeared from the front office and I had to disable and enable it to show again. I don't know if it is a bug.

That's it for now :)

My store is still prestashop, I'm waiting v1.0.1, I'm already with a store with TB 1.0.0 in production, but my main store I only want to migrate to v1.0.1 ... And I'll start a revision in the translation, I noticed some Words still in english / portuguese portugal

I am very positively surprised about the big speed difference between PS and TB 1.0. I have about 4500 products with 15000+ images and if I compare with the PS 1.6 shop with 1200 products and 2500 pictures that sits on the same VPS its an amazing difference. Well done so far

@Havouza said in About the 1.0.1 release:

I am very positively surprised about the big speed difference between PS and TB 1.0. I have about 4500 products with 15000+ images and if I compare with the PS 1.6 shop with 1200 products and 2500 pictures that sits on the same VPS its an amazing difference. Well done so far

Fabulous! If you are on Twitter or Facebook can you please post your comments about thirty bees, please?

It would really help us to get the word out!

Accordingly: don’t use this in a repository which will be needed after that packaging.

FWIW, here's a package build script which does not destroy the repository. It can be run right in the developer repo and places a package there a minute later.

01491577001422build.sh

Not too sure about the cleaning applied, but it shaves off another 3 MB and everything still works. Unit tests in imported source code packages aren't that helpful :-)