thirty bees forum

Can anyone from TB team contact us?

idnovate

Who's this? Your alter ego? :rollingonthefloorlaughing: I said it saddens me because you keep asking for community help to bring more developers to support TB and when we do that developers finally show willingness as in this post: https://forum.thirtybees.com/post/20631

You seem to be doing nothing about it. They said they contacted you in several ways, even through these forum posts. I even tagged you myself so you won't miss it: https://forum.thirtybees.com/post/20634

I have no clue who it is.

I get a notification for every post and every spam post on the forum. I try to go through them all, sometimes I skim them and miss things. Like that post, I totally did not see it or I would have answered in the thread and sent the user a message.

We do want more users and developers, I have been working with another one I am about to announce tomorrow that is making compatible modules.

And this is why I'm switching to BigCommerce instead of TB from PS 1.6. Been waiting a long time for some of the enhancements to come to fruition, especially a one page checkout that isn't outdated like the current one and a modern theme. It's a shame because I had high hopes for this project. I still hope it works out, but just too slow for improvements for me.

Right you are! These people dare to call Prestashop a scam, but over the months I haven't seen much of a difference... I apologise if this sounds a bit offensive, but I have just wasted too much time on this project, so I reckon that I am entitled to express my opinion (albeit anonymously). It is time @lesley @traumflug (and perhaps @mdekker but we don't even know where that f**ker is) come to senses and explain what is going on. Can we still rely on Thirty Bees a year from now?

@ajensen27 said in Can anyone from TB team contact us?:

especially a one page checkout that isn't outdated like the current one and a modern theme.

AFAIK, TB code base is far superior and more stable than PS 1.6 even now. Aren't there some excellent OPC modules available, like this one and this one? And also a massive selection of PS 1.6 themes that you can use on TB?

@bonus said in Can anyone from TB team contact us?:

Right you are! These people dare to call Prestashop a scam, but over the months I haven't seen much of a difference...

No idea who and when PS was called a "scam", and I don't know how TB is the same scam. Care to elaborate?

I apologise if this sounds a bit offensive, but I have just wasted too much time on this project, so I reckon that I am entitled to express my opinion (albeit anonymously).

I think anyone is entitled to express an opinion and I don't think it should be done anonymously. There is nothing to be afraid of, It's not China here. People were saying very critical things on these forums and are still active members.

Can we still rely on Thirty Bees a year from now?

Good question.

Been waiting a long time for some of the enhancements to come to fruition, especially a one page checkout that isn’t outdated like the current one and a modern theme.

If you expect just (free) eye candy, theme developers are the right address for such wishes. The whole point of thirty bees is not to be a PrestaShop clone, but to shift emphasis. Emphasis towards performance, ease of use and the most crucial topic for merchants: reliability.

Been waiting a long time for some of the enhancements to come to fruition, especially a one page checkout that isn’t outdated like the current one and a modern theme.

This is something I actually talked about on slack yesterday with @wakabayashi There is a cost associated with every change we make. Not a monetary cost, but a real world functionality cost. The feature we were talking about is the multiple features values per feature in a product. There is a cost associated with adding that to the core. Does it work with the layered navigation properly? I am not sure it does. If we added that and broke the layered nav, we would then have to fix that. But then we would run into a problem. Most themes actually ship with layered nav overrides. @wakabayashi theme did. Our default theme does. But us making changes would leave people using 3rd party themes with broken functionality.

The same goes with the checkout. Adding that functionality in will break all existing themes, giving users no real option to use it other than to use it with our default theme.

Our plan is to keep 1.0.x compatible with 1.6.x of prestashop. Then at the beginning of the year start focusing on a 1.1.x branch with a set of changes. At that time we will have to figure out what all we will be breaking and what we are going to try to maintain compatibility with.

Dear Lesley, Have a lot of improvements that can be make in all platforms (PS, Magento, TB, etc), but some is hard to do, in programming and need time. The TB are making a big work to increase some things that PS not make. The speed is important to me. The one step checkout, i particular preferer the step by step, about the customer dont see all fields that need fill to make a order. I think will migrate my PS in next weeks, only not need make 'theme' upgrades, is one big time save. Thanks. Mauro

@lesley If I remember well the only change in the database structure that Prestashop made to enable multi-feature was the dropping of a unique key. That means that this is backwards compatible: you could implement this in such a way that the shop owner has to change a setting in the backoffice "enable multi-feature" with the warning that you should only do that when your theme supports it.

Maybe it is an option to simultaneously bring out a free multi-feature module for Prestashop 1.6. That would encourage theme makers to support this functionality. And it would be a good way to increase Thirty Bees name recognition in the Prestashop community.