thirty bees forum

Tab: 500 internal server error

musicmaster

Question

I have a strange problem.

I have webshop on a server on the internet based on TB 1.04 and it is running fine.

But when I move it to my localhost I suddenly get 500 errors on the product edit page.

Switching on development mode doesn't give any result. Neither does looking in the Apache error log file.

Specially weird is that the process is random. One time I get an error about the prices tab, the next time about SEO, virtual product or customization. The tab then grays out. I have seen nearly every tab pass along at least once. About 80% of the time there is one error popup, but occasionally there are two or none.

Due to the error the Save buttons keep spinning and you cannot change anything.

As I had problems with tabs with a prior migration too I am wondering whether there is something wrong there. Any Ideas?

alt textalt text

8 answers to this question

When you run wamp / xamp on local host it is not as optimized as running on a dedicated environment like a server so its slower. Your issue is the ajax call is likely timing out. You can open your console and manually time the call and see if you seem to be hitting like a 30 or 60 second interval. Up your max timeout settings in the php.ini and you should be good.

@lesley said in Tab: 500 internal server error:

When you run wamp / xamp on local host it is not as optimized as running on a dedicated environment like a server so its slower. Your issue is the ajax call is likely timing out. You can open your console and manually time the call and see if you seem to be hitting like a 30 or 60 second interval. Up your max timeout settings in the php.ini and you should be good.

Thank you for your reply.

I had a look in my Javascript console and found "Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)" with the filename of the missing tabs.

This is an old installation that never before gave problems. Some of the PHP.ini timeouts are already increased. So I wonder which one of the many I should increase.

I replaced my Avira anti-virus with some other program and it looks that improved things a bit. But not much. Overall the problem remains.

An interesting side note: it looks like this problem is restricted to virtual products. And they also produce a 404 error for the file of the product. Could it be that the system is trying to load the file and that that delays the rest so much that it fails?

Looking closer it was the product image that caused the 404. Regenerating .htaccess solved that problem. Strange. I never before needed to do that after downloading a shop.

One thing that still puzzles me is that those 500 errors often happen when I go from one tab to another within the product-edit page. That puzzles me: I thought that all tabs were loaded at once so that switching between tabs is a matter of hiding and unhiding some html.

The web server is telling you that something went wrong, but it's not sure exactly what that is.  This is a "catch all" status for unexpected errors. The error is particularly frustrating because it gives you no information about what specifically caused the server error. The first thing you need to know about an Internal Server Error is that the error can only be resolved by fixes to the Web server software. It is not a client-side problem meaning that the problem is not with your browser, your computer, or your internet connection. While not probable, it is possible that there's something wrong on your end, in which case we'll look at some things you can try:

• First you Backing Up Your Site
  • Verify Server permission
  • Check .htaccess file
  • Increasing the Memory Limit
  • Deactivate all Plugins
  • Re-uploading Core Files
  • Finally, Ask your Hosting Provider

Edited by wakabayashi
This link looked like spam