thirty bees forum

Back to PrestaShop or stay with Thirty Bees ?

cdwebman

Good news !

My customer is convinced about Thirty Bees, also thanks to this post and the forum.

Also because of the quick reply´s they have more faith in TB than before :)

The only thing we have to test is if the payment module for a dutch Rabo bank will work with Thirty Bees, but i think this won't be a problem, else i will contact the developpers and than there is again a nice local module available for Thirty Bees.

@Jonny : The customer also want to take the Panda Theme, so next week i will buy it for them !

I think so, yeah. We do not track very much with shops, so its hard to be real precise. We do not want to track as much as other platforms, just installs and if the shops stay thirty bees for a period of time. As we are getting more services in place, we can have better stats.

@cdwebman I think your customer is making a good decision. I'm confident the TB community will grow faster in the coming year as support for 1.6 ends. We also had the tough decision between PS 1.7 and TB. We're in the U.S. and so far there are no sales tax calculation modules for 1.7 (that I could find). I'm surprised any shop of significant size in the U.S. can use PS 1.7 due to this. There are things I like about 1.7, but we are switching to Thirty Bees in the coming months. I would imagine there are many shops in the U.S. in our shoes, waiting until the last minute.

@lesley said in Back to PrestaShop or stay with Thirty Bees ?:

We do not want to track as much as other platforms

I really think you should, though. Of course, make it optional, like 'Allow sending anonymous statistics'. I'm pretty sure many people would allow this, especially when you are frank about what type of data is collected.

As an example of what could be tracked is installed overrides. Thirtybees developers would actually know what classes/methods are overridden, and there could be automated test that would prevent breaking changes to be released (or at least notify developer that this change will break something somewhere).

There are many other things that could be collected. Of course, it would need to be implemented carefully, so the performance of the store is not affected. But that's totally doable.