thirty bees forum

How to get fastest ThirtyBees?

wakabayashi

Question

Hm I dont know why this happened. Now it's working properly. What about the speed in general? I know you are speed-god :D I would appreciate a blog later from you, where you explain to normal merchants, how they can optimize best. It doesnt hurry, but I never liked how prestashop handled this kind of things. In their blog, they talk a lot "bla bla" but no real tipps for merchants.

Now I focus on backoffice. We do all our work with PS respectively TB in future. We don't have any erp system or so. That means a fast system is important. Imagine you need to change every single product. It take ages to load and save... I know you improved already a lot. But I thought there is maybe a best pratice you can recommend.

This would mainly be based around how you have your server setup. I would recommend the latest version of php that your site can run, Opcache, MariaDB for your database. There is not much that can be done for back office optimization really, it depends on the server a lot. Have you looked into store manager or store commander?

Yeah but new software takes time to learn, have costs and probably some bug issues. I think for small to middle sized shops, it should be possible to only work with backoffice. I see a some little steps, which can help a lot. For example a "save & next" button or a bulk edit to link multiple products to a category. What is your opinion about that?

I agree that the back office can be improved with things like that, but we have to maintain compatibility for time. If we made all of the changes we wanted right off the bat then everyone would be stuck with new software with only one theme and no compatible modules. That is why it is important for us to put together a roadmap and follow sem versioning so users can see when features are going to be added and which ones will have to be delayed a while.

@spidawebs said in How to get fastest ThirtyBees?:

@wakabayashi you should really try store commander, it saves so much time when editing products. Yes, it costs a little extra but we have been using it for 18 months without a single problem. It saves us hours every day.

I completely agree - Store Commander is completely solid and worth every penny.

@spidawebs - maybe now that thirty bees is officially released we should start hounding SC to support 30bz.

I've just had a reply from Store Commander and this is what they said:

We do not yet support Thirtybees but we will probably in the future months. And I have added you to our internal ThirtyBees list so that we can get back to you about this.

So good news that they are planning to support TB - let hope all the other developers are going to do the same.

So good news that they are planning to support TB - let hope all the other developers are going to do the same.

Glad to see it, looks like it will happen, here's what I got back from them:

"We have already check Thirty Bees and we added to our list of development, but we\'re not gonna have a Store Commander for Thirty Bees just yet. We have plenty to do already, but it\'s noted :)"

I know most of the PS 1.6 modules will already work with TB, but my concern is that in the future when TB moves on from 1.6, unless all the PS developers also support TB then there will be a lot less modules available. So it's good to know that the main developers are already looking at TB and plan to develop modules for it in the future. I feel a lot more confident now about switching. I just need to be sure there will be support for our Amazon and eBay modules in the future as they are critical to us.

I know most of the PS 1.6 modules will already work with TB, but my concern is that in the future when TB moves on from 1.6, unless all the PS developers also support TB then there will be a lot less modules available. So it's good to know that the main developers are already looking at TB and plan to develop modules for it in the future. I feel a lot more confident now about switching. I just need to be sure there will be support for our Amazon and eBay modules in the future as they are critical to us.

I completly agree with this statement. TB needs to get the size, that developers can't leave outside. I can't wait to have the own addon store. There is much room left, to do it better than PS :D

@crosscut01 said in How to get fastest ThirtyBees?:

@wakabayashi have you tried their demo or trial yet?

No. I don't even have done a lot of test with ThirtyBees yet. I am waiting for the migration tool and then check all the things. Maybe I can live with the speed improvments anyway. Maybe I will look for a software. But as spidawebs said: now everything will work. But store commander needs to support ThirtyBees. We can't expect this always to work, if they only support PS.

you should really try store commander, it saves so much time when editing >products. Yes, it costs a little extra but we have been using it for 18 months >without a single problem. It saves us hours every day.

Does store commander allow the creation of products to prepare them for combinations or do you still have to create single products and then add their combinations?

It's a newbie question, sorry, but it's my first experience with PS combinations. I've researched it, read many tutorials and watched several youtube videos, but cannot find the answer to that question anywhere.

@lesley I've just tried to install store commander on Thirty Bees. I upload the zip file, it takes me into the store commander module where I press the button to install and then the screen goes white and the following message comes up:

[PrestaShop] Fatal error in module file :/home/admin/domains/domain.co.uk/publichtml/shop/modules/storecommander/storecommander.php: requireonce(): Failed opening required '/home/admin/domains/domain.co.uk/publichtml/shop/tools/pclzip/pclzip.lib.php' (includepath='/home/admin/domains/domain.co.uk/publichtml/shop/vendor/pear/pearexception:/home/admin/domains/domain.co.uk/publichtml/shop/vendor/pear/consolegetopt:/home/admin/domains/domain.co.uk/publichtml/shop/vendor/pear/pear-core-minimal/src:/home/admin/domains/domain.co.uk/publichtml/shop/vendor/pear/archive_tar:.:/usr/local/lib/php')

Any idea what the problem could be?

@alwayspaws said in How to get fastest ThirtyBees?:

Does store commander allow the creation of products to prepare them for combinations or do you still have to create single products and then add their combinations?

Yes - you can create combination products singly from the SC back office interface, or up to about 30 at a time easily from a .CSV import.

If this type of dependency on PrestaShop file locations are typical in third-party modules...

Perhaps add empty PHP-files at the legacy PrestaShop locations for the files that are deleted and not needed in thirty bees?

It´s silly ofc, but if it helps with compatability why not?