thirty bees forum

thirty bees Fatal error: no UTF-8 support. Please check your server configuration.

Fabsca

Question

This is now the second time this happened. No access to the store or back office. After changing a price in the products, I got this error. This has nothing to do with the server as I have a second installed TB and that works fine. The first time it happened i just deleted everything and started from beginning. But now I am wondering if TB is stable or not; if it is a platform to go live? They do a great job and there is everything in TB to have a great base for a eCommerce store. But the most important thing is really a bug free and stable platform. I hope that somebody has an answer to this and its simple. Thank you in advance

9 answers to this question

Thank you for your replies. Right after the error I closed the browser, deleted the history and tried to open the admin login and front store again. I got the same error. So I went and tried to open the admin login on my second installation I still have on the same server. There I was able to get in with no problem. So is this still pointing to the server? I hope it is...

If it's an intermittent problem, then it's most definitely mysql server connection limit issue, as @lesley said. Basically, your database server rejects another connection. The very first sql statement that is executed on every connection is setting the utf8 mode. When this sql statement is executed on closed connection it results in failure. The real / underlying issue is obscured by the no UTF-8 support error message.

This seems like a database misconfiguration. While it's not a bug in tb itself, the misleading error message should be fixed

Datakick, thank you for your explanation. So what can I do or what needs to be done from the server (or mysql) point of view to avoid this. Or is it a TB problem?

And you are right I tried to get into the admin login and front office and it worked. So it is an intermittent problem.