thirty bees forum

Trouble installing new theme

Brian

Question

I just switched to TB1.0.8 from PS 1.6.1 and am so far vary happy with the results.  I purchased the Panda theme and having some trouble installing it and I think the trouble might be with my TB installation.  I followed the instructions in the install video. I noticed in the install video that in PS when you enable the theme it brings you to a screen that tells you that there are modules that need to be enabled or disabled for the theme to work.  When I enable the theme in TB I don't go to that screen, and none of the Panda modules are enabled and all my previously enabled mods are still enabled.  The theme then looks like a broken version of the default theme.  I tried installing the TB updater mod so I could update my modules but when I tried the update all option I got a "invalid class" error. I am stuck and have no idea where to look. 

• Like 1

9 answers to this question

@Brian the problem with missing theme configuration page was solved a week ago, it will be part of the next release. If you need it right now, you can use traumflug's new gitupdater module and migrate your 1.0.8 to bleeding edge branch. That will pull this change to your server. Then you can reinstall the theme

Or you can simply apply this commit: https://github.com/thirtybees/thirtybees/commit/e6e5b9f3a5b8a59078fc9e5184e2f24d3c5a2bce

• Like 3

Thanks for the responses. What about the TB updater error?  Is there a fix for that as well?

I did post on the developer's forum but the more I looked into it the more it seemed to be a problem with TB or just my installation.

I will check it out but when I installed the updater it gave me a message at the top of the modules page that said many of my modules needed updating. When I clicked "Update all" at the top the screen went blank and it just said "invalid class" at the top.  Also I noticed that on the TB demo  the Modules page is called Modules and Services where on mine it just says Modules.  Is it possible that my transitions from PS was incomplete for some reason?  Should my modules have been updated when I migrated?

@Brian It looks there are either some remnants of ps16 (or older) php files in your core, or that you have some module that's not compatible with thirtybees.

Use gitupdater module, and try to compare agains 1.0.8 version. It should tell you that everything is up to date, and no changes are necessary (because you are now on 1.0.8 version). But if there are some extra files from previous prestashop versions, or if some files were not installed/migrated correctly, the module will tell you. And allow you to fix this.

Then run tbupdater module to update your modules. If it still does not work, then let us know. 

• Like 1

I am running into some trouble with the gitupdater.  When I click "Compare", I get a javascript error.

Request to http://discountwallcovering.com/dwdev/admin-xxx/index.php?controller=AdminGitUpdater&token=ea251b0fa7df9c94173cb9f03f06d643&action=processCompare&ajax=1 failed with status 'rejected'.          controller.js:179

When I clicked on the link to the js file I got this:

Parameter 'compareVersion' is empty.

Edited by Traumflug
Removed name of the admin folder, that's a secret.

Had the same error in 3 different websites too, one from PS migration and 2 in new TB 1.0.8 installation + Panda. I'll wait for the next release to solve the problem of activating modules.

I have another issue in those sites I supose maybe comes from TB: on custom codes I get some "\r\n" that break the code and I can't save without that "\r\n".

@Jonny gave me this solution, but I still think it can be a TB issue, because I get it on "Preferences > Custon Codes" too:

Two temporary solutions:
1. Put all code in one line.
2. Replace this code $css .= html_entity_decode(str_replace('¤', '\\', Configuration::get('STSN_CUSTOM_CSS'))); in the /modules/ stthemeeditor/stthemeeditor.php file with $css .= html_entity_decode(str_replace('\r\n', '', str_replace('¤', '\\', Configuration::get('STSN_CUSTOM_CSS'))));

Thanks guys!