thirty bees forum

Looking for a free and powerful CSV Product Import tool 

Acer

Hi 

I'm currently looking for a free and powerful CSV Product Import tool for Thirty Bees - similar in functionality to MAGMI - which I used successfully years ago on a Magento store. 
The functionality I'm looking for is similar to that posted by the original poster above.

So far my Google searches have only come across expensive paid modules.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

I'm still new to 30Bz and just a bit nervous as I've heard of bugs and 'no success / fail per line checks' with the default import functionality in PS 1.6.
I suppose not knowing all the features that the TB one has out the box may be contributing to my nervousness. Also, having been burnt by native import tools (i.e. Magento) in the past probably isn't helping either (hence the reason I mentioned Magmi as a solution)

Perhaps you can list all the features that the default import functionality has?

Specifically I'm looking for the following:

• Create categories if they do not exist
  • Product images
  • Related products
  • SEO: Keywords, Description
  • SEO: Specify URL name
  • Delete product
  • Update product price
  • Update product quantity

Any information and help is appreciated. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Theo said:

Ok... really? Anyone?

Powerfull and free - those two words mostly do not walk hand in hand.

Have you even checked the CSV import section what functions does it offer and what ID's can be used and how the templates look?

Hi Toplakd

I'll have a look as recommended. However, it would be helpful if you could comment on what I was looking for? Perhaps there's information available online you can point me to?

The info I'm looking for:

Perhaps you can list all the features that the default import functionality has?

Specifically I'm looking for the following:

• Create categories if they do not exist
  • Product images
  • Related products
  • SEO: Keywords, Description
  • SEO: Specify URL name
  • Delete product
  • Update product price
  • Update product quantity

You just keep copy pasting what you are looking for, but have not even looked at the import section 😞
Set up a test shop and play with it, it will answer most of your questions.

And do not forget that it's a free shop, that everybody can use for free.
If provided modules/solutions are not up to desired standars, one can always get paid modules for that options.
Even on paid solutions you will not get support within minutes, a bit nervous or not.

So, nervous attitude is guarantee for not getting desired answers or even no answers at all.

Once again:
Install test site, try, learn, try some more, learn some more. This will provide the best answers you can ever get.

It would be helpful if there was information somewhere online that detailed what features the default CSV import functionality has. And if it can do what I need it to do.
And if it has bugs or not and if it should even be attempted (there are reports that it has bugs)

Asking the forum if it has certain features or not is a legitimate question imo. 
I will certainly be checking out the actual functionality on a test site.

However, it would be helpful if I knew what it can / can't do without having to do trial / error.
The time wasted could be spent actually looking for a paid module that fits our requirements.

The problem I noticed with the Core CSV import is that it doesn't do any preventive check but import all the data right away.

example:

It doesn't check if a "SEO: Specify URL name" already exist or have invalid character, it just write it in the DB and then two product will have the same seo url or have invalid character in it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Theo said:

The time wasted could be spent actually looking for a paid module that fits our requirements. 

That's why paid modules require payment for it, but if you want' free, than you need to "waste some time".

You have to understand that free does not always come with all specs served on silver plate.
And if there are bugs, they are fixed for free from community.

Even paid modules dont come with lifetime free updates or free support,  and it takes some time to fix bugs if they are shown.
And if your free update time is over its period, you will mostly have to pay for the update which fixes the bugs.

This are the reasons why I suggest you test it by yourself to see if it fits your needs or not.

Edited by toplakd
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...