thirty bees forum

Solved: Error when reducing product quantity in cart - sporadic

Chandra

Question

When some products are added to the cart and then the '-' button is clicked to reduce quantity of a product, a technical error pops up sporadically.

Technical Error: unable to save update quantity Details: Error thrown: [object Object] Text status: error

It appears this happens when there is more than one product in the cart. Please see screenshot.

I think this is an important bug since it affects the customer experience and the merchant loses money also. We have had some issues with customers ordering below the minimum order quantity for free shipping and claiming the bug affected their order.error-when-reducing-quantity-in-cart.jpg.e606c9feb1e962ed5a9467664ab9c320.jpg

Edited by Chandra
Added solved

8 answers to this question

I think I found the solution. I can confirm this is an nginx setting and not a thirtybees issue.

For anyone who has this issue, try adding the following lines to the nginx configuration within the server section:

fastcgi_buffers 16 16k; fastcgi_buffer_size 32k;

Thanks all.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Chandra said:

When some products are added to the cart and then the '-' button is clicked to reduce quantity of a product, a technical error pops up sporadically.

Technical Error: unable to save update quantity Details: Error thrown: [object Object] Text status: error

It appears this happens when there is more than one product in the cart. Please see screenshot.

I think this is an important bug since it affects the customer experience and the merchant loses money also. We have had some issues with customers ordering below the minimum order quantity for free shipping and claiming the bug affected their order.error-when-reducing-quantity-in-cart.jpg.e606c9feb1e962ed5a9467664ab9c320.jpg

It would help if you could access the error log of your server and see the related error.

This could be some other error, as i'm not experiencing such issues neither on 1.6 ps Theme in live shop or community-default on current testing work in progress.

But I do think that those error messages should not have white-space: nowrap; setting as on mobile devices the message field becomes scrollable 🙂

1375912348_Screenshot_2019-02-19Order-ALZA-Racing.thumb.png.9c050de90727a0f22488ff332767b4b2.png

Edited by toplakd

Hello @Traumflug

Found this in nginx logs - does this provide any direction? Looks like an nginx config that needs tweaked?

2019/02/24 22:27:44 [error] 1293#0: *6669 upstream sent too big header while reading response header from upstream, client: <IP>, server: <server>, request: "POST /?rand=1551027463166 HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/php-nginx/154558099321626.sock/socket:", host: <"host">, referrer: "https://<host>/quick-order"

Don't know where this issue come from, as I can not replicate it on Stock TB install or on my Migrated installation.

Quantities are working in any directions without problems.

Is this happening on particular product, or on all products?

Are you using stock managment or not?

Edited by toplakd