thirty bees forum

ThirtyBees Versus OpenCart

jfnewell1965

Hi Everyone,

New person here, and to be honest I don't even have ThirtyBees installed.

I am very close to, if in fact at the point of, abandoning an attempt at installing OpenCart 3.0.3.1.  I made really good progress, but there seems to be so many nagging issues preventing me from saying "It's Done!", that I have reached the point where there is I guess what I would call a trust issue with OpenCart.   As in, is it really fixed, what might crop up later, if I breath wrong, how much gets broken, etc..

So, based on recommendations on the internet, I find myself at ThirtyBees, and before I start I just thought I would check in and ask some simple up front questions like:

Is it any easier than OpenCart.
Is it coded/documented better than OpenCart.
Does it actually work?
Do the add-ons actually work?
Are there crazy nagging issues that plague everyone, and no one knows how to fix them?
Etc.

I am just trying to get a feel for if I am jumping from the pot into the fire, or if things work better with ThirtyBess.

Thanks in advance,
Jim

Try to install it and play with it a little.

That will answer most of your questions.

Easy: yes

Coded good: yes

Working: yes

Issues: most issues come from other side of the computer screen.

Edited by toplakd

If you know Zencart at all ,TB is very very easy..Adding modules is a simple ftp into 1 folder .Upgrades are a little different and harder but still easy to do ( I had to hire someone to do all this for me )

Only gripe I have is and have only just found out there is no text attribute option .But as above install it and play around ,just make a backup and if you make a major error just restore it 

It's not really complicated upgrading TB. You just go to "Core Updater" in the BO, chose whatever version you want to upgrade/downgrade to and hit the action button. Its pretty solid made! We switched from PS to TB, and it's running flawless. The people behind TB are extremely competent and skilled. Everything always work and regarding documentation and issue management, you can always use prestashop forums as well. 

We've been on the OC-train for years and every time I have to update any TB site, it makes me giggle. Reason being: It's just so easy and simple updating TB and doesn't break my modules and only takes about 10min of my time (max, including creating the obvious backup). I remember trying to update (I'm not talking about an upgrade here.... just a simple update of minor core version) OpenCart and always got frustrated and sometimes ended up doing a complete fresh install, including all extensions, then migrating the DB after having spent countless hours on their forum.

ThirtyBees delivers, is easy, stable, works out of the box, and is compatible with most PS extension. On top of that you have fast responses from the devs and a great community. It's a no brainer really...

• 2 weeks later...

Is it any easier than OpenCart. = debatable..
Is it coded/documented better than OpenCart. = maybe not better documented.. but it is documented and the code is clean.
Does it actually work? = absolutely works!
Do the add-ons actually work? = the core addons works and there are hundreds of addons you can find at thirtybees store.

Are there crazy nagging issues that plague everyone, and no one knows how to fix them? = my TB installs works so, no nagging issues.. there might be with third-party modules.. but that is another story and you can find developers that specialized in thirtybees to seek help.

Edited by devjunckie