thirty bees forum

Font Size

AndyC

Hi

Apart from a global change , how do you all cope with changing the font size on your products via admin. Am I missing something as I cannot find a way to increase fonts.

I asked this question in the Panda forum and got this #productDescription_1 span {font-size: 20px!important;} to put into custom code section. It does work and does change the size but not all, I still have a lot the original size. Even if I have to go though each product to do this I don't mind ,but the only way I can see how to do this is to open up the source code and add <span style="font-size: 14px and it takes so long to do it.

Is there any code I can use in css to achieve an easier route 

TIA

Edited by AndyC

I don't know panda but you can use developer tools in your browser (F12) to find css elements you want to change.

Then just put those in custom code like this:

.element_1, .element_2, .element_3 {
	font-size: 20px !important;
}

to @AndyC and all others that want to change the looks of their shop, but don't have the knowlege there are 3 options:

1. Buy the template that suits your needs.

2. Hire someone to do the styling (of default or bought theme if it needs adjustments.

3. Take some time, patience and coffe and learn how to do it by yourself.

Option 1 is the cheapest regarding $$ as premade templates are sold to many people not just one.

Option 2 is mosty costs x-times more $$ than the premade template as it's mostly for single shop.

Option 3 is where it's hard to put the value on. As it takes a lot of time patience and coffe, but in the end you are satisfied as you did something on your own.

So if you decided to go with option 3:

1. Learn how the inspection tools work in modern browsers and disable Smart Cache for CSS in shop settings.
2. Learn about how the templates are working
3. Learn some basics of css styling

If its not working after that, repeat the steps from 1-3.

Happy styling. 🙂

• Like 1

I have bought the panda theme , but  it is Thirty Bees that doesn't have the options to make larger font.

In Zencart there was everything you needed and all it took was to highlight and make bigger font , it seems there isn't that option on TB

Capture.JPG

1 hour ago, AndyC said:

I have bought the panda theme , but  it is Thirty Bees that doesn't have the options to make larger font.

In Zencart there was everything you needed and all it took was to highlight and make bigger font , it seems there isn't that option on TB

Capture.JPG

You really should do this with css and not with inline editor. Styling is the reason, why css was introduced...

7 hours ago, wakabayashi said:

You really should do this with css and not with inline editor. Styling is the reason, why css was introduced...

Hi Yes I understand about css, but if I'm left with no option I'll have to do it that way , as I cannot code .. I can however follow instructions and place code , or move code around.Anyway I'll go back and ask if there is a way to place the code in css

• 2 months later...
On 4/29/2019 at 11:11 AM, AndyC said:

Hi Yes I understand about css, but if I'm left with no option I'll have to do it that way , as I cannot code .. I can however follow instructions and place code , or move code around.Anyway I'll go back and ask if there is a way to place the code in css

@AndyC I have had the same problem all along. Did you get a working answer about placing code in CSS? I use the Transformer theme. Jonny said (3 years ago) the below but it doesn't really help what I want to do:

You can change the h1 font on Theme editor > fonts > heading, but if you want to change h2 and h3, it requires a piece of CSS code, such as the following one:

h2{font-size:14px; font-family:"Font-name"}
h3{font-size:13px; font-family:"Font-name"}

Change Font-name to your font name.