thirty bees forum

parsererror at order overview if trying to change the order

vsn

Question

TB 1.0.8 & PandaTheme 1.4.6. If trying to change the order (for example to change a quantity of a product) on the order / card overview, I got

TECHNICAL ERROR: unable to save update quantity Details: Error thrown: [object Object] Text status: parsererror

Can somebody reproduce? Any hint how to analyze?

9 answers to this question

yes, for sure:

1. put some products into your cart

2. go to the first check-out step (Shopping-cart summary) -> you can see your card with products, quantities and prices

3. now try to change quantity of any product (change it manually or just press + or - button) -> you will get parsererror messageimage.thumb.png.6c6aeae262a1bd7b595937ab45d859e5.png

This type of errors occurs when ajax response contains something else then valid json. It's usually caused by error reporting emitting warnings/notices into response.

I bet you have debug mode enabled. If so, then disable it, and try again. Alternatively you can forward your store to bleeding edge using core updater.

On 5/10/2019 at 5:43 PM, vsn said:

image.thumb.png.afb731fc076614b398b827d0370a0d45.png

There are two ways to solve this kind of message. As Datakick said, this happens when an Ajax call returns something unexpected. Very often that is because there was some php error message or warning within the text. If it was some innocent warning the solution that Datakick proposes - switching off debug mode - will work.

If you want to find out what the error message was there are two approaches. One is to check the error logs of your server. The other is to open the console of your browser and then go to the network tab. If you execute the operation while this tab is open you will see the ajax call appear as one of the files. You can then look under the reply subtab what value was returned by the ajax call.

You both are right, turning it off solvers the issue. Looking under response sent by ajax call I found "JSMin: Unterminated String at byte 708: 'd code on line 65". How critical is it? Should somebody fix it?

11 hours ago, vsn said:

You both are right, turning it off solvers the issue. Looking under response sent by ajax call I found "JSMin: Unterminated String at byte 708: 'd code on line 65". How critical is it? Should somebody fix it?

You missed the core of what I wrote. The Ajax call returns some text in some predetermined format (not always json). When there is a warning in that returned text the format no longer matches and you get the kind of message that you see.

However, this is half of the php warning - so completely useless. You need to have a look at the complete returned text or your error logs to see the complete message: problem x happened at line y in file z. I told you how to do that.

Edited by musicmaster