thirty bees forum

Google Search console

AndyC

Hi

My website has been live now for a month . While on the whole things are getting better . I see on my products have loads of errors on them

As per image below .. I have the rewv module and almost every product has a Ean code yet it says all have none .. Is there a module that can fix all issues or is this some thing I have to handle on my own

Capture.JPG

Edited by AndyC

• 2 months later...

Almost 2 Months on and I still have this issue with google console.. I have the full Revws module.. Have filled in the Brand and obviously have description filled in.. About 99% of products have a gtin code.. How do you go about getting rid of these errors in TB or do none of you have these console errors

Have you asked @datakick about this problem? As it's his (excellent) module he may have some good insight into what's going on. He mentioned on the forums that he is on holiday right now so you may not get a reply right away.

As far as the GTINs go, have you had a look in the tb_product database table to make sure your EANs are stored in the ean13 column, where they should be?

Hi

....Just checked eans and the are stored in the right place.. I think reviews are working fine on google as when I search products with stars they are showing up.

More worried about google console and these warnings.. I have read they can have a negative impact on your site.. I sometimes regret moving over as I was getting orders with Zencart .. Haven't had a proper sale since moving over

If you think the source of your problem is the revws module then you are likely to get better answers in the active thread about that module.

If you're not sure what the problem might be then you probably need to narrow it down a bit, or maybe consider hiring someone to help narrow it down, or even to fix it.

When you moved from Zencart to TB did you make sure all your old URLs properly redirected to the right products on your new server? If not then you are probably losing out on traffic and potential customers coming from search engines and from old links around the web. It is not such an easy thing to switch shopping carts but over the long term it's best to have a solid platform to work form.

I had to started from scratch and I realise that is 99% of why sales have dropped. I am just trying to do the very best I can to get the best out of TB. Hopefully in time for the Xmas rush.. Like my Google indexed pages have finally reached near to 1000 pages and error count is dropping so things are going in the right direction..

Can't hire anyone now as thanks to google ads they have now bled me dry

moving from one solution to another is always a risk, it has to be really well done.

Good that things are finally moving in the right direction.. do you still have errors that can be fixed ?

I personnaly don't use any of SEO module or Meta Tag manager, it's not needed if your template is well done, remember to be really up to date with the Google Rules, they change sometimes and nobody tells you  ^^

17 hours ago, AndyC said:

Haven't had a proper sale since moving over

Are you sure your site is even working properly for orders? Have you tested it completely with the PayPal (or other payment system) sandbox? Did you make sure that after testing was done that you turned the sandbox off and enabled real payments? Have you had a friend to a full proper order for a low-cost item and complete payment as a test? (Do not do this yourself as you might violate payment provider TOS.)

Just now, AndyC said:

Yes I have tested payments and so has Knowband tested it all too. Also had a order about a month ago.. I have matomo installed and it shows you when someone goes though the checkout

Okay. Just that a sudden, dramatic drop in orders can be a sign that something about the site is broken and blocking people from ordering.

I guess if all your traffic comes from new customers following Google (or forum) links then it might hurt a lot with the new cart for a while. Any repeat customers should still be able to shop, though...

Unless there is a problem with payments, you can be almost 95% sure that it is all because to the lost of position in search engines due to not use 301 redirects from old to new urls (basically you start almost from zero, even loosing the external links). This is crucial when changing URL structure with migration but also with any other URL structure modification (like changing from URL with Ids to one without ids)

If you still have the old urls, you could try to fix a little bit doring the redirects now. Some of the old urls surely were removed by google but you still can recover some positioning and more important, all the external links.

TB is not related to that as it is only an instruction to the search engine.

This is an example of one of my redirects (in red my old url)

Redirect 301 /es/concepto-lesielle-cosmetica-personalizada/13 https://www.lesielle.com/es/concepto-lesielle-cosmetica-personalizada_13

You put one redirect per line in the htaccess file and that should work 100%

Edited by rubben1985
  • Like 1

I realised now, that if you download the htaccess file, modify it, and upload it, sometimes it creates errors (format and editing programs I suppose). If you make any error in the lines, also it creates errors. Try editing directly in the htaccess with your hosting editor (make a backup) and put only 1 redirect. If this redirect works, all redirects should work. Try only with one because you can correct any fault in the redirect easily. If you make 500 lines, and one is incorrect leading to error....good luck. After one is correct, upload by groups. If some group produces an error, delete the group and try to find the error.

Hi ..OK just figured it out ,have to use only from the first / and not site url and my first 1 is forwarding to right url .. Was always trying to use https etc which is why it was always failing..Will have to be next on my list as I am almost finished tidying up my meta descriptions

Redirect 301 /es/concepto-lesielle-cosmetica-personalizada/13 /es/concepto-lesielle-cosmetica-personalizada_13

1 hour ago, AndyC said:

Redirect 301 /es/concepto-lesielle-cosmetica-personalizada/13 /es/concepto-lesielle-cosmetica-personalizada_13

Do they all follow a pattern like this? If they do then it will be very easy to generate a new htaccess file with a text editor or a little coding.

Not really. A lot of product names have changed somehow when importing them .. My real problem is trying to get hold of the old URL's ... I still have the old version sql database, but not sure if they are kept in there or if I can retrieve them