thirty bees forum

New Top menu sucks

Havouza

PS use its native Top Menu in all versions. It is easy to configure using drag and drop. In TB is used another Top Menu that is a nightmare load with categories. You have to create them one by one or....? We were thinking of migrating one shop to TB. It has 134 categories in all. Not possible to do manually

Hi! I like the menu its no problem, but manually one by one add the categories is not something I am impressed of. If also subs has to be done manually then I have 184 to do. I can use my time better I must say.

I took the old one but I have a problem. I dont know if it is TB or something else

Have a look at dvd-xxx.eu where I test. The link to the subcats does not work.

Actually I see what you mean, the link in the address bar has just 2 categories and they are 5 in the breadcrumbs. I tried to represent your issue but I couldn't, in my case always both are equal. About the top menu, when you create your product tree in catalog/categories you just need to add 7 parent categories in your case. In prestashop you add those 7 with mouse, plese correct me if I'm wrong.

You were a little late. Problem is fixed. But the menu you see is the old one.

For the new one, lets take our example

We have 7 Parent categories which should be shown in the menu. plus the sub cats, the total is 184. In the old menu, go to the menu config page mark the seven parents and click on add. Voila all is done and the menu is filled as it should. The layout you can change if you want as I has done in the test theme.

How is this done in the new menu?

Yes, that is what I meant. In prestashop you add those 7 with mouse click and in thirtybees you should write all 7 categories manually. All other subcategories associated with them should be added automatically. When you adding category in Top menu items you should add the entity ID which should be the ID of the parent category you already created. Of course you should use category tree for category type and needed depth of the category tree. I hope I understood your question and didn't told you something you already know :)

No its OK. When you get old like me you get lazy and conservative and want all to be like before. Anyway I understand how it is suppose to work. So next shop we migrate will be a test.

One thing is for sure, I love the Speed of the BO

And I now have a xml import module written for us, the good oes on PS is too expensive. With 5500 products you need to import them ofc

Really looking forward to see where this will go. It can be a hit. We started ten years ago with OsCommerce that was a nightmare

Have a nice evening

@MockoB Just to see how the new menu worked I installed a clean TB on another domain I have laying around for the future. I uploaded some categories and then filled in the new menu with one category name and ID. Also the hoover funktion for the submenu is activated. The result can be seen at www.fragranceandface.com. Look also what happend in the footer

Is this a bug somewhere

Anders

When that many categories exist in the same level (almost) everything you do will be difficult to deal with. IMO in these cases vertical is not the way to go. It is much better to go horizontal. Take a look for example at http://nemops.com/prestashop-17-alphabetical-manufacturers/#.WK01fvLQC70 where nemo deals with manufactors. If this was my site and I had @mdekker to code for me I would place a 100% horizontal bar with the first letter only like nemo has for manufcators and when the user clicks on the letter the submenu would open. This would display only the first letter of the EXISTIING categories to save space.So if you have a few categories beginning with the same letter then a 1/4 or 2/4 block would be ok. Otherwise put the 100% categories bar at the end let it open when you click on the letter.

@Havouza in preferences/top menu item/item type/ you should choose category tree or flat tree to have the drop down menu like prestashops' top block and of course the tree depth. The interesting part is those categories in the footer, personally I don't need them in the footer. And the option in module "community theme configuration" was swiched off. Unfortunately the categories were shown in the footer, I had to swich the option on and save than off and save and they disspared. So that is diffinitely a bug so @mdekker you can reproduce it and check what is the reason for such behavior. I found some other bugs and will post them soon, it would be nice to see them solved one by one soon so be able to start live shop in near future :)

• 1 year later...

I just finished new feature! Menu can now automatically select image for submenu items. If feature is activated in backoffice, menu will choose one product (most valuable for now) from category, or subcategories and display cart_default image (for now).

I have to reorder text and image also, for my own store.

This is how it looks: 0_1539076602227_e5997dae-f763-485c-bf86-05e9f0f70438-image.png

Take a look at this commit: https://github.com/pauld-codes/blocktopmenu/commit/dab3820f2dc3f5db158b85ebeae59bb427a2262a![alt text](image url)

• 4 months later...