thirty bees forum

I have no themes installed now

Mark

Question

9 answers to this question

6 hours ago, datakick said:

What tb version are you running on?

2 hours ago, Traumflug said:

I'd be keen to learn what "failed to load properly" exactly means. We have no magic crystal ball here where we can see what you did, on which page, where you clicked, how the screen looked, which messages appeared, and so on.

I did exactly as I said above. I had everything running sweetly on the community theme then I decided to try the other one.

An error message popped up about failing to load a key XML file. I'm sorry I didn't record the name of the file, but it did sound like a key config file for a theme to load. After that fail I tried to re-establish the community theme but it didn't work either (no error message).

2 hours ago, SLiCK_303 said:

If you deleted both themes, then simply ftp them back to the theme folder, and re-install....

The community theme is there but either the theme or the files controlling are corrupted or misconfigured.

1 hour ago, Mark said:

The community theme is there but either the theme or the files controlling are corrupted or misconfigured.

so...then like i said...simply ftp the files to your server and reinstall.  If you think the community theme is corrupted, then un-install it and delete it first, then re-upload, and re-install.

6 hours ago, SLiCK_303 said:

so...then like i said...simply ftp the files to your server and reinstall.  If you think the community theme is corrupted, then un-install it and delete it first, then re-upload, and re-install.

I went to the thirtybees store, created an account, logged in, tried to download it (seems like the old version) . Download didnt' work, just went to homepage

Then I went to git hub, uploaded the zip file..... 500 error

Now I will try to FTP.....

FTP failed... 500 error by using the Theme import

Tried FTP using direct... that worked, files uploaded.

Unfortunately now the theme controller wont install new theme because it has same name as old theme...

I guess I have to manually delete old files....

Deleted old theme files...

Now in the theme page... Bad or missing config.xml in theme in /home/solution/public_html/product/themes/community-theme-default. No surprise there as I deleted it....

Now the whole front end has a 500 error....

Suggestions???? @SLiCK_303 @datakick

Restored trashed old community theme files, 500 error gone

Renamed old theme community-theme-old, saved this change to newly created "backup" directory (within themes)

Was now free to install, then enable the new community theme

This works! Except that all the configurations I made to the old theme yesterday are unsurprisingly gone

More time to reconfigure....

Edited by Mark

34 minutes ago, Occam said:

I guess your trouble was caused by the same bug which is discussed here: https://forum.thirtybees.com/topic/3385-import-theme-results-in-server-500-error/#comment-29862

According to @Traumflug it was meanwhile fixed. 

My problem was primarily something to do with changing themes. Something in doing that caused something to go pear shaped.

Then I had a few other issues as I mentioned above (including the 500 errors), but right now, things are working. When I'm feeling brave enough, I will try again with the Niara theme.

Note: I've just updated the Core which will probably deal with the 500 errors see as Traumflug has fixed those

Edited by Mark