thirty bees forum

Backoffice partially in English after Update to 1.1.0

RabbitZzZ

Question

Hi,

after updating a shop to 1.1.0 parts of the backoffice now only appear in English despite all the expressions are filled in the translations section (and have the translations in there).
For example the order page and the translations page itself are only shown in English.
I also already tried updating the translations and clearing the cache without success.

Any idea how this could be resolved? Is it a bug?

14 answers to this question

Seems to be even worse. If you clear cache and even import the latest translation files, you will face this issue that the translations are perhaps nearly complete while the whole BO is in English. This even happens for a language like German that provides apart from some minor lacks a full translated thirty bees. This bug is new and first appeared with TB 1.0.1.

No fix, but a bypass:

• If bigger than 49 Bytes save file /translations/<yourlanguage>/admin.php
  • Import the English language
  • Go to Employees
  • Change BO language to English and save
  • Change BO language back to your language and save
  • Clear cache and recompile
  • If this does not help, check length of /translations/<yourlanguage>/admin.php
  • If it is now (emptied to) 49 bytes, replace it with the formerly saved file

This should do the trick, provided that your language is fully translated. Check this at Crowdin.

Edited by Occam

Just for the record:

• What language are we talking about?
  • Do parts show up or is everything English in BO?
  • Considering other weird mistakes you've posted lately:
    What PHP version do you have?
    Are all minimum requirements for thirtybees/Prestashop met?

On 8/29/2019 at 11:37 PM, Traumflug said:

This is not about the size of the admin.php. As the BO is fully translated the admin.php is complete. So why don't you just apply the fix that Karlo Šimunović has proposed in the above topic at Github. Though this does not help cure the strange behavior of AEUC under 1.1.0, it's a step in the right direction. Anyway, I currently wouldn't recommend 1.1.0 in Germany in production mode.

Edited by Occam

I'm sorry, I didn't actually see that solution. But I tried it and it worked. Thanks!

What's the strange behaviour of AEUC? This shop is in production already. Would it be wise to downgrade? On the other hand the update also fixed some stuff that was wrong before...

Edited by RabbitZzZ

Like I already told @RabbitZzZ you need to apply the the fix proposed by Karlo Šimunović. However, this alone does not solve the cache error which may happen to AEUC from time to time. The hookDisplayProductPriceBlock.tpl will not show up when the Smarty cache is enabled. This is why I patched smarty.config.inc.php, too. In some parts it is a rollback of some improvements by @datakick, who totally dropped assigning variables by reference. Regardless of advices at Stackoverflow like i.e. this one, that assigning variables (with an ampersand prefix) as reference are deprecated in PHP 7 it seems that it still makes a difference. These changes didn't allow my AEUC module to correctly display the hook for tax and delivery costs.

I attach both patched files here: Fix_translations_&_avoid cache_bug for AEUC.zip (removed following the moderator's suggestion)

Edited by Occam