thirty bees forum

The product selection cannot be delivered by the available carrier(s): it is too heavy. Please amend your cart to lower its weight.

Mark

Question

No matter what I do, items that weigh over 1kg are not eligible for free shipping as set by carrier settings.

I have checked: Zones, Countries, Carriers settings, Customer groups, Shipping Preferences, Product settings. They all correctly permit Free shipping by a certain carrier.

But in the checkout, the customer gets

"The product selection cannot be delivered by the available carrier(s): it is too heavy. Please amend your cart to lower its weight."

If I change the product weight to under 1 kg, its fine

There's multiple ways to set the shipping in the Shipping Locations and Costs in the Carrier Settings, but no matter which one I do and it appears to be set correctly, the result is still the same....

Capture.PNG

Edited by Mark

@datakick Where would I find the place that generates this error message?  I looked into shopping-cart.tpl, order-opc.tpl,order-carrier.tpl,order-address.tpl,errors.tpl but to no avail.

I see where the error is generated in order-opc.tpl but it seems to call to authentication.tpl and while there are errors listed in there, nothing appears to be related to shipping.

On 4/3/2020 at 8:36 AM, datakick said:

This explanation message is probably a red herring.

What thirtybees does is it tries to find all available carriers for delivery address associated with cart. At different stages of checkout process, this address is different. For example, guests don't have any address associated yet (in that case, tb will try to find available carriers for default country + visitor group)

List of available carries for address is then filtered by carrier conditions (max weight, price, etc...). If condition is not satisfied, carrier is removed from list, and the 'reason flag' is saved.

If all carriers are filtered out, then theme will display error message depending on collected 'reason flags'. Most themes (based on default theme) will display only the first reason in the list. This is the reason associated with the first carrier that was filtered out. Of course, other carriers might have been filtered out for different reasons, but theme does not show this info.

Let me show some simple example: 

A B C D E F            
     |
     |                 <-- 1) list is filtered by address (its delivery zone) + group + product restriction
     |
  A B C D              
     |
     |                 <-- 2) list is filtered by carrier conditions
     |
    A C                

In this example we have 6 carriers.

Filter #1) for *guests*, the list is filtered using country associated with visitor. This is usually default shop country, but it can be an actual country, if you have some geoip module installed. Also, this initial filter takes into account current customer group (VISITORS) and filters out any carriers that are not applicable to this group. Also, product carrier restriction is considered. Or Warehouse association in case of advanced stock management. 

This first filter can reduce the list significantly. And what's more important, we don't track the reasons why were these carriers filtered out

Filter #2) carriers are evaluated according their conditions, for example max weight. If conditions are not met, then the carrier is removed from list + reason is saved. In our example, reason for 'B' could be 'max package weight', and reason for D could be 'out of price range' 

If, after the filter #2 the list is empty, thirtybees will explain this using the very first collected reason information. In our example, this reason would be 'max package weight', even tough there were many reasons why the carriers were filtered out.

My only recommendation for you is to edit the theme template, and replace this 'max weight explanation' with generic 'No carriers were found' explanation. 

Hi Datakick, 

I think your side design this based on your logic base, but actually as a new beginner and new user who konws nothing about your TB design logic, we very very very difficult to make it right, and we always marked the weight setting to 1kg or 2 kg...like that, which when we insert such normal weight, the TB not works properly, only works when we insert 0.01 or 0.1 kg.  The normal package has no such small weight, so certainly this is out of date.

Besides, to make it simple and easy, my advice is that the TB should not link to the group of clients and the payment options(to much restricts make things complicated and cause more errors), as your version 1.0x has a bug which would forbidden all group to see the shop, if it's a new user, we know nothing about that. And it may cause something wrong to TB as well. To make delivery easier, I advise your side to make the custom delivery option based on normal weight and package size, and not use too much restrict to TB.

Anyway, that is my new user's option and feeling, based more on actual need is better than only logic thinking.

Thank you for your template.