thirty bees forum

[SOLVED]Error upgrading to 1.1.0 compareVersion missing

Aquatrader

Question

When I try to upgrade my 1.0.8 version to 1.1.0, the compare fails. The console tells me this

http://myurl/myadmin/index.php?controller=AdminCoreUpdater&token=mytoken&action=processCompare&ajax=1  Request to failed with status 'rejected'.

if i click on the link, it says compareVersion is missing as input (but it is selected)

Any ideas??
Edited by Aquatrader

15 answers to this question

I have recently helped someone with the very same issue. There were two problems that prevented migration:

1) core updater detected that incompatibile modules were installed. Unfortunately, these modules weren't really installed. They were simply deleted from /modules/ directory, but weren't uninstalled properly. Core updater tried to uninstall them automatically, but failed because they weren't found on disk. This is probably bug in core updater, and could be fixed

2) the update was run on php 7.3. Older version of thirtybees contains code that is not php 7.3 compatible, and this blocked upgrade. If anyone is running on php 7.3, it's important to use older php version to do the upgrade. Then, you can switch back to newer php 7.3. Again, this could be fixed -- that would require that core updater would bundle all it's dependencies, and would not depend on tb core files

Just now, Aquatrader said:

I wonder how I can find what module would cause the trouble

Core updater would tell you about them -- they would be listed after you compared versions

2 minutes ago, Aquatrader said:

and how it can be corrected.

If there are any improperly deleted modules, you are out of luck. There isn't any automated mechanism to fix that, unfortunately. You would have to manually delete them from PREFIX_module table (or modify core updater module to ignore them)

2 minutes ago, datakick said:

Core updater would tell you about them -- they would be listed after you compared versions

Unfortunately, the error appears before the compare completes, so I am pretty much in the dark...I can check the _module table though, see if I can find some orphans there.

7 minutes ago, Traumflug said:

Regarding improperly uninstalled modules: residuals in the database are usually harmless. More crucial are not uninstalled overrides, which one can find and uninstall with this module: https://github.com/thirtybees/overridecheck/releases

Not in this case. Core updater will end up in endless cycle trying to uninstall the same module over and over again, failing every time 

Just now, Aquatrader said:

Tried to check the overrides, nothing special there, 3 in total, all active modules.

I don't see the connection to the error that the CompareVersion is missing, or is that variable set after the module checks are completed?

There is no such error -- this was only displayed because you clicked on the url and browser opened it using GET method.

But module sends request using POST method, and correctly includes compareVersion parameters in the POST body