thirty bees forum

Short- Long_description combination module

Pedalman

Question

Hello

since I am lazy and since I am also looking for the best way to optimize my off line seo I thought about a way to combine shor and long description of products.

For compatiblity reasons both database entries should still be used but in a template it could be solved differently. Moreover via module's like Datakick's that also integrate into backoffice product edit form it might be possbile to annex those fields and graft on them into one form. So I could happily enter one! product description like it is naturally to my writing style and thinking about a product and the template could split the description via js in order to satisfy customers used way to scan a product page and seo as google feed etc. modules that derive data from both or either db field could be used the usual way.

In short, I stumbled about this online shop that shows it:

https://www.louis.de/artikel/packsack-vintage/10027813?filter_article_number=10027813&list=cc66f11b0cf530dc3a73743738346e6e#description

What do you think about it and is this doable via module?

3 answers to this question

I'm not sure if any module is needed for this. You just have to modify your template, and use product long description in both places. In the place where you want to display short description, you can use |truncate smarty modifier

{$product->description|truncate:250:"..."}
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, datakick said:

I'm not sure if any module is needed for this. You just have to modify your template, and use product long description in both places. In the place where you want to display short description, you can use |truncate smarty modifier

{$product->description|truncate:250:"..."}

How about the link to the full description? It's definitely a nice touch. (As shown on the shop @Pedalman linked to.)