Free shipping with multiply items based on weight

MichaelEZ

Hello,

so I´v this problem with shipping, We are using this system :

WEIGHT : 
0.001 - 0.1 kg = free  
0.1kg - 1kg  = X €

< 1kg = X €

When someone add  "free shipping"  item to shopping cart (it works), but when another item without free shipping ( with wegiht set to 1 for example)  is added then shipping is no longer free. I woud like to change it to stay free.

1 hour ago, MichaelEZ said:

Hello,

WEIGHT : 
0.001 - 0.1 kg = free  
0.1kg - 1kg  = X €

< 1kg = X €

When someone add  "free shipping"  item to shopping cart (it works), but when another item without free shipping ( with wegiht set to 1 for example)  is added then shipping is no longer free. I woud like to change it to stay free.

So you want all orders to be with free shipping ? It's not so clear, please describe more your issue.

This is really unclear what you want I am afraid.

Which of these is true

1) I put a "free shipping" item into the cart. I then put a "not free shipping" item into the cart I should Still get free shipping for everything?

2) I put a "free shipping" item into the cart. I then put a "not free shipping" item into the cart I should Still get free shipping for one item but pay shipping for the other item?

Something else?

if 1) is correct then why not just make everything free shipping?

If 2) Is correct  - are you REALLY going to send two separate parcels from the one order?

Confused.com

Okay so lets put it this way: 

product#1 has set weight to 0,01 that means shipping on it is free

product#2 has weight set to 1kg, thats means shipping cost 3,60 € 

now if i already have in shopping cart product#1 (shipping is free) and i add product#2, shipping now cost 3,60 €

and we really cant work with all items free shipping, that way we woud lost o lot of money, on many products we have like 2-3 €...product with weight set to 0,01 can have free shipping because we still earn money on them

Edited by MichaelEZ

No, sorry seems like today is not my day at all.. 😕 I want to send it as one free package, that is all . So, if is in shopping cart any item (which doesnt have free shipping) and I add item with free shipping, then whole order shoud be with free shipping.

How about this solution - create some special (hidden) category named for example 'Free shipping' and associate those products that warrants free shipping with it. Then, create new 'Free shipping' cart rule and restrict it to this category. That should do the trick, I believe.

image.png.b4ab2c82efd7f8fd85f6054492b847d7.png

Hmmm very good idea, will try out tomorrow, byt the thing is we already have over 16 000 product, it will be time consuming

sorry didnt saw picture before, and im still new to thirty/presta.. had to google those expressions, and i have kind of mixed feeling now 

oh, noooow i got it, silly me. Gona look into that 😄

Edited by MichaelEZ

Just now, MichaelEZ said:

Hmmm very good idea, will try out tomorrow, byt the thing is we already have over 16 000 product, it will be time consuming

will it? You can already distinguish the products by their weight. So, the only thing that needs to be done is to associate these products with specific category. There are tools for that, you know... (wink wink, shameless self promotion)

We are goin throu inventory checking right now, have zero time to do this at the moment.  But when we finish it, im gona try out, also can u link yr module.  As well i woud like to ask if i can pm you about one page chceckout (possible in sk/cz, it will be simpler 😄

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2019 at 12:34 AM, MichaelEZ said:

Hello,

WEIGHT : 
0.001 - 0.1 kg = free  
0.1kg - 1kg  = X €

< 1kg = X €

Maybe I don't get you here.  If you are shipping items in 1 box.  Either the shipping is free or it isn't.  Based on what you have setup in carriers.  If I order 1 item that is .1 kg or less it is free.  If I but 2 .1kg items its not free.  Based on weight once you cross the weight limit for which you are charging shipping the the system charges based on the total weight of the order.  There is no Free shipping item.  It all cumulative.  

Edited by Factor

Yeah i know that is all cumulative, at first i wanted to know if there is way for something like if there is product with weight 0.01 in cart then dont add it up or override others weight to 0.01 if one is already in cart, but right now i was ordered to do prices and advertisement, nothing else. 😕