thirty bees forum

ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS after migrate to new host

MarcoMCM

Question

Hi,

I have migrated my site to new server. So files and database are both the same as original. The only difference is that the new server has php 7.3 and the old had 5.6. Could this cause the erorr ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS? I tried to change shop domain and the ssl domain but no luck. Anyone an idea?

14 answers to this question

It is working fine on the old server now. But after we already have migrated the site to new server ip 82.94.58.150 that is not online yet it isn't working anymore. Please to see the site change the IP of susenso.nl to 82.94.58.150!! Otherwise you will see the site where it is still working fine on the old server.

Hm probably I have not enough knowledge for this. When I added it to hosts file in windows nothing changes. When opening the direct IP, I see a complete different website (xel.nl). Probably that's your hoster.

I personally would test this another domain. But maybe you have not a second one!? 😞

Well I don't know exactly. Maybe you are right. But it just makes things more complex 🙂 

In general I try to setup things so easy, that I can rule out "stupid" errors. In this case I can't rule out, that the issue comes from the domain set up. In addition I can't use an online redirection tool. But ok since you are in touch with lesley: he knows more about such server stuff 🙂

21 hours ago, MarcoMCM said:

It should work because you are fooling only your computer.

PHP code does quite a number of decisions based on the host name given. To get it working with an IP, at very least Preferences -> SEO & URLs -> Shop domain needs adjustment. Put the IP into there and into SSL domain.

In case you wonder why thirty bees doesn't figure this automatically: these redirects are needed for multishop, for redirecton HTTP -> HTTPS and such stuff. There are a number of cases where these redirections make sense.