thirty bees forum

TB 1.0.0

Anima

Question

Any news about the launch?

I just setup a VPS and tested it with PS 1.7.0.5 and saw that you just need to zip the .zip and index.php to do the installation. As my connection is horrible this was very good, avoided sending file by file which is very slow, TB will also be so? I'd love that. :)

(Sorry for the bad english)

9 answers to this question

@amina you can always unzip the sip on the server. Soon you will be able to do a thirty bees install with Softaculous as well. We are also launching a hosting partnership with Cloudways next week as well. Users will be able to spin up a VPS for free and try out the new features of thirty bees. This will be great because they support modern stacks out of the box and have redis support for even faster sites.

They should be. Cloudways is pretty unique in that it operates on top of existing systems. So you can use Digital Ocean servers, AWS, Google, Vultr, and others. Plus you can resize the servers easily as well. You can view more about them here, https://www.cloudways.com/en/?id=11188

@mickaelandrieu said in TB 1.0.0:

Hello Anima, Thirty Bees and PrestaShop 1.7 are totally unrelated products: ThirtyBees is a fork of the latest PrestaShop 1.6.

I'm happy you'd love the new installer, I've helped a little bit to do it :)

++

I am surprised to see you here. Have you ever installed TB? You should! Tell me afterwards why it's so much faster than 1.6...

@wakabayashi you talk about totally unrelated stuff: compare the speed of shops and the speed of installation - what we were talking here - is 2 differents things.

PrestaShop 1.7 is very fast to install thanks to the Unpacker, this is a feature TB didnt provide right now (or you know stuff I didnt), the extraction of thousand of files using FTP tool like filezilla is very long (30min to ... hours), and the unpacker have been provided to fix this issue.

Thank you for your understanding

Pronus is right. Fixing bugs was more important for the first Step. Additional maybe we get a better installer with one of the following updates.

If you want to use the unpacker from PrestaShop: This should be easy to use. Just upload index.php from prestashop 1.7 zip. Than Upload TB Zip and rename it to prestashop.zip.

For Future releases: The unpacker index.php from PrestaShop should also be easy to implement in thirty bees downloader.