thirty bees forum

Cron for currency update

Havouza

Hi.

Is here anyone who has the exchange rate change using cron working? If so can you please share your string for the cron module. I have the ecb module installed and it works flawless but its easy to forget to update manually

4 hours ago, Havouza said:

And it does not work. The cron module does not accept it. Thats why I ask

And the link does not work even by clicking it.

This is 1 of mine

curl -k "https://www.mywebsite.com/module/kbgoogleshopping/cron?action=syncProductStatus&secure_key=d97222e56c141db87cf" 

crons can differ slightly for every host. I found it easier to run my crons from my host rather than the cron module and you have to say how many times you want it to run. I have most of my modules run twice a day 

Edited by AndyC

4 hours ago, Havouza said:

And the link does not work even by clicking it.

What does it mean? Do you get 404 / 500 http response? Some error in error log?

The currency cron script don't output anything, it's a blank screen. This is intentional, and not a bug. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Havouza said:

@datakick if I click it I just get a white page, no change in the rate even if I have set it to half the real rate that i get if I manually update it I have now added it to the crontab in webmin to see what happens. I will know tomorrow

Waiting will not help. It should / must work when you open url in browser. The blank page itself is ok, that's an expected behaviour. But the exchange rate should be updated. 

Look into your error logs (both server and in thirtybees /log directory) to see if there's any clue why. If there's nothing, the only think you can do is debug.  

1 hour ago, Havouza said:

if I click it I just get a white page, no change in the rate even if I have set it to half the real rate that i get if I manually update it I have now added it to the crontab in webmin to see what happens. I will know tomorrow

I just tested like you did:

1. change exchange rate manually

2. call the cron url.

It works perfectly here...