thirty bees forum

How to make exact duplicate of site on same domain?

alwayspaws

@alwayspaws said in How to make exact duplicate of site on same domain?:

I don't want to install a new site. I want an exact duplicate of my current site.

I have an older test site from before I upgraded my theme. Will it work if I just copy all the folders and files from live site to a subfolder for a test site?

That sounds like the first step I do in my migration video... It works the same for tb as for ps.

@mdekker said in How to make exact duplicate of site on same domain?:

Yup. But copy the database as well and edit the setting.inc.php file with the new database settings. Also edit the tb_shop_url table to the new URLs.

Of course before I start I look for the files I'm supposed to edit and haven't found 'setting.inc.php' yet. I did a search and came up with answers such as that file is deprecated or that file is now in app/config/parameters.php, etc.

@wakabayashi said in How to make exact duplicate of site on same domain?:

@alwayspaws said in How to make exact duplicate of site on same domain?:

I don't want to install a new site. I want an exact duplicate of my current site.

I have an older test site from before I upgraded my theme. Will it work if I just copy all the folders and files from live site to a subfolder for a test site?

That sounds like the first step I do in my migration video... It works the same for tb as for ps.

I've been watching your video again @wakabayashi and it's terrific!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LN7KD9W_MY4&lc=z13ctxfxhy3qzve0s22csj1grofrx3kug.1496874356871975

I'm almost at the finish line. :)

You have a beautiful voice and I should know, because I have to pay very close attention to people speaking since I read lips or use closed captions. Your video is captioned! :)

@Briljander said in How to make exact duplicate of site on same domain?:

Just wondering. Is there any chance google will find the new site and index it and then get duplicate content? Is it possible to change robotfiles to in the cloned site to not make this happen?

You should always use maintenance mode and add your IP. Google always found my testsites somehow.