thirty bees forum

New theme modules for 1.1.x

lesley

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ajensen27 As many articles as there are to back it up, I think most are written by non ecommerce people. I think they are mostly written by designers. I know that there are hot rivalries between some of the big American ecommerce sites, but I see all of them using sliders or hero images. I think people like to claim they are bad, but if they were bad for visitors or conversions then sites with huge ecommerce, marketing r and d, and design / development departments would not be using them.

I'm talking about the Tb developers. They want tb to be successfull. If all the voters on the crowdfunding blog would pay € 100 than all the modules could be developed. These modules will make TB better. If we had to buy all these modules from third party developers each of us had to pay hundreds of euro's (only for one site)

What we thought was doing it like this, creating one project with a 2000 euro goal, then having the extended goals, like if we raise 3k we will do the search and the review module, if we raise 4k we will do the search, review, and blog module, ect.

I would also like to see a full html editor (like tinyMCE) incoprted into the thirtybee, instead of the limited and normal HTML editor, as it will make it much easier for eCommerce like me who doesn't have much technical knowledge, this is a minor feature but it will have a great impact.

We have actually looked at some of the choices. Like extending tinyMCE with a more feature rich version. But that is expensive to go with them. I haven't seen any other options that were as good given our budget.

Apparently not. I was just about to push it, but then I see that it makes useless the allow iframe button. We will have to figure something out about this, but it will get handled, that button might disappear.