thirty bees forum

New theme modules for 1.1.x

lesley

@Havouza I used that exact change to my websites, I needed it to put in some YouTube stuff to not autoload embedded YouTube videos.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Havouza I used the tutorial, didn't see the need to use the paid module. I already had the YouTube code changes from a Magento site I'd worked on, I just needed to get it into the page using the editor change.

Thanks! @Havouza works great for me also!

But I had a bit of a panic at first :) Not quite sure what I'm doing most times but when I can fix it myself it makes me happy! :)

Followed tutorial but after changing files I ended up with shop not found config.inc.php on line whatever it was page error.

Replacing my backup two files did not fix!

This did: delete cache/class_index.php so it will rebuild the class cache file

@Havouza said in New theme modules for 1.1.x:

I have used Vekias tutorial and just changed code in one page and got the full tinyMce editor

https://mypresta.eu/en/art/prestashop-16/extended-rich-text-editor.html

Works directly like a charm

Ok, we have figured out upgrading tinyMCE and making some changes will cause issues with some modules. So we are going to have to hold off until 1.1.x with it, but this is what I came up with playing around with it today.

http://storage3.static.itmages.com/i/17/0703/h14991115597617692_405b6a76be.png

http://storage2.static.itmages.com/i/17/0703/h14991114953609918_0d39b12aed.png

It has a much cleaner look to me, what do you all think?

@lesley um i see, because i was going for a full featured HTML editor, so i don't have work with code, it will make it easier for ecommerece like me to edit any CMS page, or email template. but it would have been much nicer with fewer buttons, but with all those features included.

I think we are shooting for two different things. Likely we will never see a full featured html editor in thirty bees, what we will see though in 1.1.x will be something like this, https://elementor.com/

The one I showed had different options for sizes and colors. To be honest, fonts are bad and there is no way to handle them. If you use a font and the user does not have it installed, then it looks funny. If we automatically add them, then it will slow your site down. At the same time using multiple fonts across the site looks poor from a design standpoint.

What we are going to try to progress to is a more wordpress look in the back office, with some of the same features

I agree with @unica-e-shop about part of this: "If not there should at least be an option for size."

I want to be able to select the sizes of the fonts, regardless of which head tag I'm using. I don't want to mess with css files, etc, that can be changed at any time for upgrades, etc.

To me, this looks awful but I need to use the head tag:

0_1499169412165_head tag way too big.jpg

Actually the heading tag structure should be dictated by your theme. There is a flow to the heading tags generally, like the outline of a book. Just willy nilly added random handing tags in is generally bad practice. That was what a lot of the work in the theme update was about, proper use of heading tags. A h1 should never really be used in the description since your product name that is in the same container is already a h1 in most themes. One tool I use to find the proper heading tag usage is seorch.eu that is what I used to help layout the community theme update I did along with semantic html5.

It is on a theme by theme basis, it is pretty time consuming. Its not generally thought as a ranking factor currently, but its one of those things that might in the future. Some of the aspects can help ranking now though, such as containerizing nav and footers. That is why we are trying to get it in the community theme, so theme builders can use it.

Because Google suggests it?

They suggest to use heading tags and are correct with this. They do not suggest to always start with <h1>. For example on Wikipedia, H1 tags are reserved for system provided stuff, articles use H2 for top headings. One can also start with H3 or lower. An article description isn't topmost content anyways, so starting with smaller than H1 is only natural.

If your theme is of value, makers have taken care that headings fit to standard text. Trying to set font sizes manually means fighting the theme. That's very rarely the right way.