thirty bees forum

Email template translations - core or theme?

30knees

Question

Under Localization> Translations one can select "Email templates translations". One then can select the theme one is using or the core.

Can I make changes to the core and these will get pulled to the theme if the theme doesn't have its own translations?

Also, what happens to the modifications during theme/core updates?

12 answers to this question

Make the changes to the theme, the core ones might be updated soon in the future. I am planning at some point in the next month or two to try to start adding rich data actions that will work with Google. So in a core update in the next couple months they might get overwritten.

For me the templates are going to go in two parts. The first part is going to be more simple, it won't actually affect the looks of the templates at all. The micro data that we are going to add only works with a couple email systems like Gmail. Think of rich snippets on your site, they don't affect the layout, you never really know they are there, but they do things. The things they do though make life easier for android users. This is a image for my gmail, http://storage7.static.itmages.com/i/17/0630/h14988040451981990_55719ed11f.png on mobile it does a lot more than desktop, it send the information to your google cards. But this will be the first change we make in the emails.

@30knees said in Email template translations - core or theme?:

Under Localization> Translations one can select "Email templates translations". One then can select the theme one is using or the core.

Can I make changes to the core and these will get pulled to the theme if the theme doesn't have its own translations?

Also, what happens to the modifications during theme/core updates?

Standard behavior of mails translations is this: 1. Choose your theme 2. Always choose your language and not core no theme selected 3. Doing so tb clones automatically the language subdirectory of the mails folder to /themes//mails/ 4. Next time you change something changes will be written to this themes subdir.

Go to Localizations- Translations - Select type of translation - email template translations Select your theme - Transformer Select your language - English Click modify Select whichever email you want to modify and modify it.

I hope that works for you. I don't use the Transformer theme but my themes showed up that way. Laura

I spent some time updating all the email templates for the Transformer theme and got rid of {shopname} powered by PrestaShop™. I hope I never have to do this again. Too time-consuming. There's gotta be a better way to remove {shopname} powered by PrestaShop™ all at once. Some day, please?