thirty bees forum

Client email tracking code

led24ee

Question

I have some working modules for shipping. Now I need to edit email which is sent to customer and I need that there is link with tracking code to webpage. Webpage address is in database. Tracking code is also in database. Which file I need to modify that client can get correct link to this webpage. At the moment client get only webpage with all additional (for example in the end is "&trackingcode="), but not tracking code itself in this link. How can I complete this link ?

11 answers to this question

Well. The link in email (which is sent to customer) contains almost all necessary information. Almost. And I couldn't find place where can I edit this. In translation page this link is called (followup), so this link is constructed in somewhere. And I could not fin this place. When I can modify what is inside this (followup) then I think all is OK.

Clipboard01.jpg

35 minutes ago, led24ee said:

When I can modify what is inside this (followup) then I think all is OK.

I think that's a template variable. I can see that several .tpl checks if it's set.

try reading controllers/admin/AdminOrdersController.php

Edited by Wartin

20 minutes ago, colorful-ant said:

It probably won't help you much further.
For Germany with shipping via DHL and other logistics companies, it looks like this (tb standard without extra module)

image.thumb.png.e665b6e6c9bf1e8ddb9d9143d398ab96.png

This @ should be do all the "magic", but in real life it does nothing. Client email still ends exactly at the point where tracking number begin.

Well. Finally. But I have strong feeling that this can cause error in some other place. Shortly, file AdminOrdersController.php contain puiblic function - postprocess And there is place where the content of this (followup) is constructed. There is line 613 where is $_order, but this must be $_orders. Because in my system there isn't table with name order, but orders. I replaces this one and at the moment the result is exactly what I need. Client can have email with link that opens right page with tracking result and not a blank page where You must insert tracking number. This is TB1.0.x - bleeding edge. I hope this will help somebody.

EDIT. I think that there is no need to modify anything. There wasn't @ symbol (See colorful-ant reply) and after I put  this symbol then I didn't wait long enough for system to compile new files with changes. So if You put @ then you need empty cache and wait little bit.

Edited by led24ee
  • Like 1

Like I said, it probably won't help you much further.

I just need to add the tracking number (manually) in the order and everything is ok.

If you haven't tried it yet - check out the prestahop forum, maybe you'll find something useful there that will help you. not every shop is the same - in terms of design, customization and different modules.

1 minute ago, colorful-ant said:

Like I said, it probably won't help you much further.

I just need to add the tracking number (manually) in the order and everything is ok.

If you haven't tried it yet - check out the prestahop forum, maybe you'll find something useful there that will help you. not every shop is the same - in terms of design, customization and different modules.

This did help and I already find out what was wrong in my case. And yes, You need manually enter tracking code to order. My problem was this @ sign.

• Thanks 1

Hi, I couldn't figure out this thing for a long time, and that's why I got a few of my business employees to learn more about email tracking. And sometime later, they told me about email automation from Revenuegrid. And therefore, if I need to track some emails, I use this company's email tracking tool. But this is very important because I need to control everything that happens in my business. In general, if you haven't heard about it yet, I advise you to read about this tool on the Internet. I think you will be interested in it. I hope I have helped you with something, good luck.

Edited by CheasterRobson