thirty bees forum

Export Order Detail

holybladder

Question

7 answers to this question

15 hours ago, holybladder said:

You're joking - you have to pay £45 or more for a third party module just to export your orders? 😮 This is basic functionality for a webshop! 

That's very much questionable. 

The primary function of webshop is to sell. Export / import functionality is a supporting functionality only. Most merchants never really need to export data from their store. There are few that need connector to third party systems (erp, accounting, etc), but not many have need for generic order export functionality.

Thirtybees has some basic build in export option in the list. It does not give you details about ordered items, etc, but it's enough for most use cases. (for example to get data to excel for tax purposes).

If you need more flexibility you really need to invest into some export module. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, haylau said:

You could try @datakick’s module

https://www.getdatakick.com

or I use the praotec one

http://www.praotec.com/category/prestashop/nvn-export-orders/

And there are a few modules on the prestashop site 

https://addons.prestashop.com/en/search?search_query=export orders&compatibility=1.6.1&

You're joking - you have to pay £45 or more for a third party module just to export your orders? 😮 This is basic functionality for a webshop! 

Edited by holybladder

19 minutes ago, datakick said:

That's very much questionable. 

The primary function of webshop is to sell. Export / import functionality is a supporting functionality only. Most merchants never really need to export data from their store. There are few that need connector to third party systems (erp, accounting, etc), but not many have need for generic order export functionality.

Thirtybees has some basic build in export option in the list. It does not give you details about ordered items, etc, but it's enough for most use cases. (for example to get data to excel for tax purposes).

If you need more flexibility you really need to invest into some export module. 

Okay, I'd argue that giving the user access to this fundamental data, which is already in the form of a database and relatively trivial to export, and could allow so much useful analysis or other functionality (dumping into a pick list, for example) would be a very basic function. But I guess not as many other people have a use case for that as I'd expect 🙂 Fair play.

30 minutes ago, holybladder said:

Okay, I'd argue that giving the user access to this fundamental data, which is already in the form of a database and relatively trivial to export, and could allow so much useful analysis or other functionality (dumping into a pick list, for example) would be a very basic function. But I guess not as many other people have a use case for that as I'd expect 🙂 Fair play.

Also, there is webservice API you can use to export data, including order detail. Webservice does not support csv, but you can get your data in xml or json format.

It would be nice if tb supported csv format via webservice. Let's put this to enhancement backlog.