thirty bees forum

Question before I start

Chalkie

Hi,

A friend of mine runs a tshirt and apparrel printing company and they want an online store. 

When people purchase they would need to send the desired logo, is there a way within ThirtyBees to allow logo upload during checkout?

Thanks

Hello Chalkie

In the default product customization you can upload jpg, png.The problem is less about uploading an image than the customer uploading a ready to print file. Which most of the time won't be the case... Since they'll upload funny things from the net (lowres, distorted and so on...).

There are a lot of web to print solutions nowadays. If you just want to make pre-made t-shirts on which the customer add a custom line of text, I would recommand Pitch Print (I use it since 2015).

If you want full customization + ready to print file you'll have to look at another one. If possible something that works with an API and integrate an Iframe instead of a fully integrated module because that would be simpler to maintain with the upgraded versions of TB.

Overall, take the problem from the production side. Gather all the restraints and conditions to make a good product. And only then look for the module that check for all (or almost all) your needs. The customer comes last, take him for a goat and put him on very narrow tracks. This might seems harsh, but most customer aren't graphic artist or printing technicians. They just want a nice t-shirt, and you want to deliver them that nice t-shirt but without spending hours to correct their mistakes.

Sorry I should have been more specific, the clients we have already have their EPS Vector graphics done or we will provide a design solution, but generally 80% of our clientele have their logo already, most of the time they will submit multiple orders of different logos/designs for events. We generally do orders of 50+ not a small one time print.

I am playing around with TB but am unable to find the place to add the upload your design on the order.

Thanks

58 minutes ago, Chalkie said:

Sorry I should have been more specific, the clients we have already have their EPS Vector graphics done or we will provide a design solution, but generally 80% of our clientele have their logo already, most of the time they will submit multiple orders of different logos/designs for events. We generally do orders of 50+ not a small one time print.

I am playing around with TB but am unable to find the place to add the upload your design on the order.

Thanks

As others have said: this is the customization option in the backoffice. You fill in a number in the Files field. When you save that a field appears where you can enter the field name for the customer.

custo.thumb.jpg.3f17aba1f0bcc5ad34f96d3b734f5dbf.jpg

• Like 1

On 11/2/2021 at 7:46 PM, Chalkie said:

@musicmaster Thanks so much for your response, Its perfect for our needs. You have a wonderful rest of your evening and thanks a million.

Try it a lot, I had troubles with custom properties, and had to stop using it in version 1.1.x. Try adding and then deleting products from cart, and then add again.