thirty bees forum

Issues after upgrading from 1.0.1 to 1.0.2

elund

Question

I have experience 2 issues after upgrading from 1.0.1 to 1.0.2.

1. Duplicate URL Redirect V1.5.1 from http://www.presto-changeo.com causes the error "Too many redirects". Have you done done changes in version 1.0.2 so that this module is maybe not needed anymore? It does NOT help to disable and enable freindly URL to regenerate the .htacess file. So I need to disable the module.

2. All my logos were replaced by a Thirty Bees Logo. That's of course easy to fix, but what is the purpose of this? ;-)

Favicon problem in admin in Safari, Chrome and Firefox. Favicons will not change even though I uploaded the .png files and cleared cache and in admin it says "settings updated".

After unsuccessfully updating favicons in the Transformer Theme, I viewed the TB favicon section and tried to edit them. They won't save, either.

Thirty bees has thirty bees favicons:

0_1500820871495_favicons wont update - 2017-07-23 at 10.25.51 AM.png

Transformer theme has purple paws which was a test I did before the update to 1.0.2 and those favicons won't change, either:

0_1500820970138_transformer favicons wont change - Screen Shot 2017-07-23 at 10.39.20 AM.png

I uploaded new favicons after the upgrade to replace the 30bz ones which replaced mine in the upgrade. It didn't seem to change anything so I went to the img file on the server to see if they were there and the new images had been uploaded. I have a multistore setup with two stores. I found that I had three sets of favicons: favicon.ico, favicon-1.ico and favicon-2.ico. I deleted the favicon.ico set and now everything seems to be fine. I can see the correct favicon for each store on firefox, chrome and on my android. The back office favicon is now an image of a camera on the firefox tab, but it did not change on my favorites toolbar so I am fine with that.

@spidawebs Hm, after installation did you look for it under modules and services? Think it had to be installed.

After installation I added it to my quick access shortcut.

Quick access is a drop down on the top of your back office.

0_1500993859206_Screen Shot 2017-07-25 at 10.42.20 AM.png

@MockoB I just checked and still have the camera icon on both. I'm always saying it because I'm always on both of them so mainly I've just been ignoring it, thinking eventually it'll get straightened out. It's a very minor issue for me for now. I just thought I'd bring it up since people were talking about it again.

@alwayspaws it's neither performance or functionality issue. But if you ask me it is major issue because that's the way people associate your brand and when I hit the new tab I see question mark or at best "camera" ... it would be different if it was your brand's logo, and it would be definitely easier to find your site among other favorites ... Unfortunately there aren't apple fans among the developers and they doesn't seem to care much for apple users. And I understand it because thirty bees is European product and don't target USA market, where 80% of the ppl use apple devices instead android or pc. As I told you I see your favicon as paw on my iPhone 5, as camera on my iPad 4, and will try it later on my wife's iPhone 6s +. I think it is something connected with compatibility of different apple devices, may be something missed with the favicon standard ...

Yes I know @lesley, but the issue was commented couple of times and still no solution. I'm not quite sure but there was github ticket as well about it. Favicons on apple devices don't work as they are supposed to. On my iPhone 5 I see alwayspaw's favicon and on iPad and iPhone 6s+ I don't see it, on the iPad it is "camera" icon on iPhone 6s it is "?". I can upload screenshots if you need. @alwayspaws could tell how it is on mac. That's it, I could help with testing unfortunately my coding skills are zero and that's all I can help with.