Jump to content

Welcome, Guest!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

HenriBierman

Cache Clearing Problem

Recommended Posts

Hi All

 

I need Professional help.  My website is torchsa.com 

 

I seam to have a cache clearing problem, where the website seams to not clear cache on some PCs and mostly Apple computers or phones. (browser does not play a role)

 

I have tried everything in my knowledge, and its becoming a pain.  Like after we ran a sale and it ended, then the prices will stay there for a long time on some browsers, unless it ets cleared manually.

 

Please help me, and what the cost will be to fix and monitor, if it re ocur?

 

Thank you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks like you are using maxcdn, so I guess that it caching your pages. You will need to investigate that rather than the prestashop / thirtybees software

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, HenriBierman said:

I seam to have a cache clearing problem, where the website seams to not clear cache on some PCs and mostly Apple computers or phones. (browser does not play a role)

Browser play a role in aöö cache clearings, usually a ctrl + f5 is good enough. In Mac there is a bout 5 Steps to clear a cache. Browser Caches store images and CSS. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/9/2022 at 10:11 PM, haylau said:

Looks like you are using maxcdn, so I guess that it caching your pages. You will need to investigate that rather than the prestashop / thirtybees software

Thank you for your help, Yes my website is running 30B 1.3.0,  I also just checked, I do not believe I have any CDN running my website.  Did it show like this on your side?  I know we run CloudBric, do you think it could have this impact?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you, but I am hoping to get this done automatically for an unaware new visitor trying to support us.  This issue is a big thing for me.

On 5/9/2022 at 11:33 PM, nickz said:

Browser play a role in aöö cache clearings, usually a ctrl + f5 is good enough. In Mac there is a bout 5 Steps to clear a cache. Browser Caches store images and CSS. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello,

9 hours ago, HenriBierman said:

 I know we run CloudBric, do you think it could have this impact?

Yes, a cloud system can be the main reason why there is a gap between your changes and the pages delivered to your customers.. also are you using cache system of TB ?

I'd like to see the back office configuration for that if possible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, HenriBierman said:

Thank you for your help, Yes my website is running 30B 1.3.0,  I also just checked, I do not believe I have any CDN running my website.  Did it show like this on your side?  I know we run CloudBric, do you think it could have this impact?

If you right click on your page and choose View Page Source it shows these lines

 
 
<script src="https://oss.maxcdn.com/libs/html5shiv/3.7.0/html5shiv.js"></script>
		
<script src="https://oss.maxcdn.com/libs/respond.js/1.3.0/respond.min.js"></script>

But on reflection they may be another module or theme grabbing something, and they also I think are commented out, so you can ignore that

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Your server returns cache-control header with max-age=2592000 seconds (30 days), which instruct browsers to cache the content for 30 days.

curl -I https://torchsa.com/pl-pewpew-lights/739-olight-pl-pro-valkyrie-black-or-tan-1500lumen.html

HTTP/2 200
date: Wed, 11 May 2022 09:29:27 GMT
content-type: text/html; charset=utf-8
set-cookie: MyCookieName-d6e7f0883bc4d518a8b11c4d02613039=hgBy4hbJ6rg3YiQ4lqfHtqUz7xUB2K4xv6bzziD6bXuC771g2miisGwjYwQHnGwbBnAg_D5HHDwR6CZYyV1-10MvsiSUcI4J-5i90ToqaKHDIRwJ2eiRQqj3LSgBVYyyOLInFKxRWPCpWFFjb5PXiobwfCi67x3w4Bg6ttbDyRt7enR4kaBZUkJn5-MgCgmoDwVquJVIztOIx9Jdo-LmkfOD7evM7An-ZUOtHeHLvVg; expires=Tue, 31-May-2022 09:29:26 GMT; Max-Age=1728000; path=/; domain=torchsa.com; secure; HttpOnly
cache-control: max-age=2592000
expires: Fri, 10 Jun 2022 09:29:26 GMT

You need to figure out what component in your stack is emitting this header. It can be your http server (apache / php-fpm), or it can be some proxy server you might be using. Once you figure out which one is responsible for this issue, reconfigure it.

This is not thirtybees related, the same behaviour would exists if you installed any php app on your stack. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, zen said:

Hello,

Yes, a cloud system can be the main reason why there is a gap between your changes and the pages delivered to your customers.. also are you using cache system of TB ?

I'd like to see the back office configuration for that if possible.

Here is the screenshots from my performance page. I have changed so many things.. Trying to fix.  But here is the current settings.

 

 

 

Screenshot 2022-05-11 at 16.10.13.png

Screenshot 2022-05-11 at 16.10.26.png

Screenshot 2022-05-11 at 16.10.33.png

Screenshot 2022-05-11 at 16.10.43.png

Screenshot 2022-05-11 at 16.10.53.png

Screenshot 2022-05-11 at 16.11.03.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

OK.. you have to turn ON the First Cache system but TURN OFF the last one.. that causing trouble : the server side cache should never be on.. it's not giving you more performance but a lot of trouble.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, datakick said:

Your server returns cache-control header with max-age=2592000 seconds (30 days), which instruct browsers to cache the content for 30 days.


curl -I https://torchsa.com/pl-pewpew-lights/739-olight-pl-pro-valkyrie-black-or-tan-1500lumen.html

HTTP/2 200
date: Wed, 11 May 2022 09:29:27 GMT
content-type: text/html; charset=utf-8
set-cookie: MyCookieName-d6e7f0883bc4d518a8b11c4d02613039=hgBy4hbJ6rg3YiQ4lqfHtqUz7xUB2K4xv6bzziD6bXuC771g2miisGwjYwQHnGwbBnAg_D5HHDwR6CZYyV1-10MvsiSUcI4J-5i90ToqaKHDIRwJ2eiRQqj3LSgBVYyyOLInFKxRWPCpWFFjb5PXiobwfCi67x3w4Bg6ttbDyRt7enR4kaBZUkJn5-MgCgmoDwVquJVIztOIx9Jdo-LmkfOD7evM7An-ZUOtHeHLvVg; expires=Tue, 31-May-2022 09:29:26 GMT; Max-Age=1728000; path=/; domain=torchsa.com; secure; HttpOnly
cache-control: max-age=2592000
expires: Fri, 10 Jun 2022 09:29:26 GMT

You need to figure out what component in your stack is emitting this header. It can be your http server (apache / php-fpm), or it can be some proxy server you might be using. Once you figure out which one is responsible for this issue, reconfigure it.

This is not thirtybees related, the same behaviour would exists if you installed any php app on your stack. 

 

Thank you for your help.  I have been searching almost everywhere trying to find this setting or module that could cause this.  I even phone the hosting company, we have a dedi server.  Do you know where else I can look for this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

yes.. check your HTACCESS configuration in the back office : preferences >> SEO & URL

and regenerate the file if needed.

But if you have a dedicated server, you should check the apache2 settings.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/11/2022 at 11:44 AM, zen said:

Please check you htaccess, you may added the cache-control there by copy paste some rules elsewhere.

Thank you so much.  I re-generate this file.

 

I also see this in the file, could this cause the problems, I am unsure which Module it refers too:

<IfModule mod_expires.c>
    ExpiresActive On
    ExpiresByType image/gif "access plus 1 month"
    ExpiresByType image/jpeg "access plus 1 month"
    ExpiresByType image/png "access plus 1 month"
    ExpiresByType text/css "access plus 1 week"
    ExpiresByType text/javascript "access plus 1 week"
    ExpiresByType application/javascript "access plus 1 week"
    ExpiresByType application/x-javascript "access plus 1 week"
    ExpiresByType image/x-icon "access plus 1 year"
    ExpiresByType image/svg+xml "access plus 1 year"
    ExpiresByType image/vnd.microsoft.icon "access plus 1 year"
    ExpiresByType application/font-woff "access plus 1 year"
    ExpiresByType application/x-font-woff "access plus 1 year"
    ExpiresByType application/vnd.ms-fontobject "access plus 1 year"
    ExpiresByType font/opentype "access plus 1 year"
    ExpiresByType font/ttf "access plus 1 year"
    ExpiresByType font/otf "access plus 1 year"
    ExpiresByType application/x-font-ttf "access plus 1 year"
    ExpiresByType application/x-font-otf "access plus 1 year"
</IfModule>

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I can see this, now on chrome browser :

cache-control : max-age=0

 

and with Curl :

$ curl -I https://torchsa.com/pl-pewpew-lights/739-olight-pl-pro-valkyrie-black-or-tan-1500lumen.html
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
  0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:03 --:--:--     0HTTP/2 200
date: Thu, 12 May 2022 12:47:29 GMT
content-type: text/html; charset=utf-8
powered-by: thirty bees
set-cookie: MyCookieName-d6e7f0883bc4d518a8b11c4d02613039=sl653Pbk8Oc7k1KEo-LGtBdH4Bp-RFAXSntmE-JiR0O2xeIGrBedG7gsFTjK_s6jpTyjbo8txw0o04MP80Pd3qf6Wo9NpFaNTJra_DkaNot8K2xr05SGeo7tn53L56IErNhTkyRVf1rid3C0hCIpipgiH4PgPIDXDcZ2G47Lr8hwhrVV-cXBhcfc1c9PJAHhR6YES9nHtgyp6c9lKlXvxf-Q0OnpGb2QDU9rI1VNAtM; expires=Wed, 01-Jun-2022 12:47:27 GMT; Max-Age=1728000; path=/; domain=torchsa.com; secure; HttpOnly
set-cookie: MyCookieName-d6e7f0883bc4d518a8b11c4d02613039=iUhfUifj7vbJrNDNrZdIz44TXJgSxEL1SLZOeqBGvn5GQrYNyZF--HEaMchXpSOG4fyjhAt6FqUOFhGot7qBqx6Z2Si8IKfOTKI_FvJt7Yt6YCn2cXpQFUS0Eo80gSTagkwXHG6yo_B3k7wHor3CFlnMy17pVwT-5lrwjTURhTpJ33FAlBd-X7B8uEPqJwi6U5Opp-8Rge0P4VTI8uKRnVk3_0tQS8BXH1LEKa6I3rccLTEy8wAympgqybrtKOs-; expires=Wed, 01-Jun-2022 12:47:27 GMT; Max-Age=1727999; path=/; domain=torchsa.com; secure; HttpOnly
set-cookie: MyCookieName-d6e7f0883bc4d518a8b11c4d02613039=VST8N45F0NKSAQRwR5jhIokVj-frI0Dx_4GG19uPQywftWJJlcyLn6GsZzXAhTRsE_autvETvfFCNR4YAvibI3GCKQzmT8USfmw2_BSm9WnVlCGPmTEYu0sMPKkWm9almV6XKZbyUvWVR1zqLo-UK9s7y1w7kRk_kfbVTSb_HqkOdLER-PQx4uKYgGTLKmvEMafDHvJKTRCUNtWxNnIbsJYNCk6LzQP66dy0ibczXnpU84N8418zXwo2JwT-mpcLCcZMjg75efwZkLCU7tg5ucaQUDGuaHi0X114qGeiFx3itixAROQGNd97549o8h84gY7UpoqpjKYfv43GsP4lY4bs_57E18WzI7V7yS3HyInl1iWELagNxT9y1JWASBzweLdPGn0DvnVZW1bKhc9arp982LChMB3NqA6c3x4dVQ0; expires=Wed, 01-Jun-2022 12:47:27 GMT; Max-Age=1727998; path=/; domain=torchsa.com; secure; HttpOnly

 

Edited by zen
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seems like it's correct now.. you can test it on browser yourself while changing prices like you did before.. maybe make special access product for testing purpose.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, zen said:

Seems like it's correct now.. you can test it on browser yourself while changing prices like you did before.. maybe make special access product for testing purpose.

Thank you, will it clear the existing settings of current browsers? Or will those settings needs to expire first?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, HenriBierman said:

Thank you, will it clear the existing settings of current browsers? Or will those settings needs to expire first?

it will clear what need to be cleared.. for example images jpg are setup for 30 days.. it will not be reloaded if not needed or browser cache emptied

Edited by zen
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, zen said:

it will clear what need to be cleared.. for example images jpg are setup for 30 days.. it will not be reloaded if not needed or browser cache emptied

For some reason it still kept the old info.  You see, we ran a sale on Wuben Flashlights -40%, and some PCs is still showing this banner even though I disabled it.  It also shows the cheaper prices of the sale, even though it ended.

 

Its as if its not overriding the old Cache settings.

image.thumb.png.f07d4d4b5a4c397c04bf2fd5dc2719de.pngYou can see the screenshot.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Of course, if the browser visited the page before you fixed the cache-control header, it will keep using cached version of the page for the next 30 days. There's no reason for browser not to do so

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

SO i was wrong.. but if it's good now.. datakick you can confirm that it will one day swithc to the new cache control setup ?

or advise your customers to do cache refresh on browser CTRL + F5

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, zen said:

Seems like it's correct now.. you can test it on browser yourself while changing prices like you did before.. maybe make special access product for testing purpose.

Thank you so much, you guys are Heroes.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...