thirty bees forum

tiktok

AndyC

• 2 weeks later...

Im about to try.... (so I dont really qualify to answer) but it seems to be all about having the right videos with the right targets. Im having some videos made up and Im going to use buffer to try but my channel is basically non existant so I expect no results. Ill also the videos elsewhere so all might not be lost.

Its all about video it seems on social so spending time perfecting the art doesnt seem totally a waste of time.

Im basically going to use buffer as a social media thing because it does three channels including tiktok for free.

The other social media platforms tend to be just doing twitter and zuckerberg so Ill try these guys

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 9/30/2022 at 9:28 AM, AndyC said:

Thanks for replying Mark. I have been put off even trying but so many bad reviews about Tiktok.. If you have any luck please let us know

There's a free tiktok module on Prestashop but its fairly sketchy in terms of what it could be doing tracking things, also its only Presta1.7 compatible and didn't work properly for me as a result. Ive asked devs if they would consider 1.6 version but no response, have also provided this feedback to Tiktok.

Other than that I havent got much further @AndyC

• Thanks 1

This is just a personal opinion about tik tok and other famous so called "social networks".

As far as I know only few kind of products can be successfully advertised on these social networks, I would say mainly cosmetics and voluptuary products, fashion stuff and the like.

Apart for these categories I do suggest to do not use it, can be a great loss of time, the ROI is minimal or none, the kind of public one can attract is very "funny" too....

Furthermore, one can easily ruin own reputation on these networks.

Besides that, all of these famous network are known to be strongly biased, have whacky security mechanisms, plenty of bots and alts, prone to ban for no reason or truly arguable reasons, often driven by algorithms which do lots of strange things....

One particular notice about tik tok, it is said to be even dangerous for what is concerning security and privacy, search news articles about, there are quite some odd information about.

In general, if you want to do e-commerce you do want to promote YOUR company, not make other companies more and more visible thanks to your content, avoid using services that ask you to work for free or even pay to mainly just promote THEIR company in the practice... think about this, does tik tok (or any other one alike) pay you to add content to THEIR website?

Same thing for the many marketplaces, their commission is pretty high, their TOS is very often bashing YOU and favouring THEMSELVES, do you really want to risk bad reviews and other kind of troubles while you do pay all that money to promote and make THEIR website great and plenty of content?

Think well about these aspects before onboarding in such ventures, do work for yourself, do not work for free for others or even worst do not pay to work for others.

Just my 5 cents about this topic

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 12/13/2022 at 5:59 AM, Raymond said:

As far as I know only few kind of products can be successfully advertised on these social networks, I would say mainly cosmetics and voluptuary products, fashion stuff and the like.

not only, cars, drones, tourism, news, and definetly cryptos. Get instructions on how to invest by people half your age, living at mums.
But seriously, Music, concerts, nature, even car mechanics, add the above.

Edited by nickz