thirty bees forum

New Install

bobajob

Question

Wow, what a great product. On a level with Magento and that's a compliment.

I just installed TB at my hosting company clook.net and I seem to have some obsolete files:

Obsolete files (4)

• vendor/bin/generate-defuse-key
  • vendor/bin/semver
  • vendor/bin/update-versions
  • admin/error_log

Any idea what this means?

I'm also seeing:

Optional parameters Please fix the following error(s)

• Install TLS v1.2 support on your server.
    Test result: fail

And lastly I get this error when I Add a Product and click Save and Stay (which continually spins):

Tab : Combinations (500 Internal Server Error)
A server error occurred while loading the tabs: some tabs could not be loaded.
Please try again by refreshing the page.
If you are still encountering this problem, please check your server logs or contact your hosting provider for assistance.

--

Sorry for all the questions, but this looks a great product and I'm thinking of transitioning all of my sites to TB.

Thanks

Robert

6 answers to this question

Yes, TB is technically excellent but as you can see its not too zippy on user or customer support....  you'll need to be able to resolve things a lot yourself. The upside of that is that you will learn a lot as you do.

You'll need TLS 2.0 before you go anywhere, so thats the first thing to sort. That's not a TB issue that's a server issue just google how to resolve that.

The rest of it sounds to me like it would be fine if you had the latest core codebase, so thats job #2, go to Core Updater in the Preferences Menu.

Well the TB install 1.3 is asking for a  TLS v1.2 and we have TLS 1.3. Do you have an Idea where TB checks and what for?

On 11/13/2022 at 6:06 PM, Mark said:

You'll need TLS 2.0 before you go anywhere,

1 hour ago, nickz said:

no and neither would I.

Why not? The only "valid" reason I can see is PHP version. But that's not valid reason anyway, really.

Just from security point of view, I would advise everyone to update to latest bleeding edge. 

1 hour ago, nickz said:

I just would like the know where TB looks before sending the "warning".

https://github.com/thirtybees/thirtybees/blob/d9c85fa9ec25a186494daba2f3eec983ae75c553/classes/ConfigurationTest.php#L326-L348

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, datakick said:

Why not? The only "valid" reason I can see is PHP version. But that's not valid reason anyway, really.

One the php version and second the time lost to look if or if not that message appears. Specially in the light of the recommenattion to just ignore it. 

Edited by nickz