thirty bees forum

Warehouse fixes by the community

the.rampage.rado

Question

In the end we're left alone as the developer of Warehouse is not willing to make paid work in the 1.6 of the theme in order to make it compatible with newer php version.

I'm starting this thread in order to organize it as self-help guid for the users.

Block Cart:

themes/modules/blockcart/blockcart-json.tpl (partial merge from community theme - uses different small image and fixes php 7.4 issues)

Block Layered Navigation Mod:
modules/blocklayered_mod/blocklayered_mod.php (one more warning and one notice but most issues fixed) 18.02.2023 based on the most recent official module

Edited by the.rampage.rado

17 answers to this question

On 1/7/2023 at 2:23 PM, the.rampage.rado said:

In the end we're left alone as the developer of Warehouse is not willing to make paid work in the 1.6 of the theme in order to make it compatible with newer php version.

I'm starting this thread in order to organize it as self-help guid for the users.

Block Cart:

themes/modules/blockcart/blockcart-json.tpl (partial merge from community theme - uses different small image and fixes php 7.4 issues)

Block Layered Navigation Mod:
modules/blocklayered_mod/blocklayered_mod.php (one more warning and one notice but most issues fixed) 18.02.2023 based on the most recent official module

Just attempting to move to PHP 8+ and this helps a ton. Have you run into any other issues/fixes?

29 minutes ago, x97wehner said:

I'm testing this out today. I added your revisions, but am getting this error currently. Any idea how to fix?

image.thumb.png.7b47c0c7795a42ee8738740842cf7938.pngimage.thumb.png.b74ba90968cf55f5ed1cd90fcfbd8925.png

I fixed this one using another post on the forum. Now I have an issue with revslider module used in Warehouse theme. This is the issue. Have you encountered? If so, how is this resolved?

image.thumb.png.ec7685752994c3b2fac45b8feeae09f7.png

I removed rev slider altogether. Replaced it with Warehouse's lite image slider. Website is ligther with 600 kb only from this change and first page loads twice as fast.

Regarding get_magic_quotes - https://stackoverflow.com/questions/61054418/php-7-4-deprecated-get-magic-quotes-gpc-function-alternative Remove the associated code altogether.

I fixed around 10 deprecated functions in RevSlider but in the end I replaced it. The only issue with the lite image slider is we can not use webp.

regarding get_magic_quotes_gpc - you can do full search / replace in all modules, and replace get_magic_quotes_gpc() with false

Of course, you can then remove the surrounding code as well, since

if (get_magic_quotes_gpc()) {
  $params = Tools::stripslashes($params);
}

will turn into

if (false) {
  $params = Tools::stripslashes($params);
}

But it's not strictly necessary. The end result will be the same if you keep the unreachable code or if you remove it.

These prestashop themes, sold on themeforest or prestashop addons, are completely unsuitable for stores. They only serve to make money for developers of these themes. Core Web Vitals of all pages in these themes are below zero 🙂
Image below shows day of migration from prestashop to thirty bees in Google Search Console results.
Of course, template from themeforest was thrown in the trash.
Also, what is the point of launching a store that google completely fails to display in search results?

Screenshot_20230516_110451.png

Warehouse was the best theme for PS1.6 and is so flexible you can configure it in many different layouts. If you're creative there are few limits. Yes, it aged and it could be made more mobile friendly for sure but it's still rocking sales for me. Not to mention the few big modules that came with it - the most powerful mega menu, homepage editor, etc..... The developer is not paying me money to advertise, it simply gets the job done.

Regarding mobile crawling - you know very well that google does not index and show 100% of every shop. The graph you gave above definitely had some other issue for not showing in the index.

Unfortunately the dev is reluctant to keep the work on 1.6 version and it's currently even dropped from the package if you buy it from themeforest so I don't know if when contacted he will send the 3.8.7 version that is the last for TB and PS1.6.

9 hours ago, the.rampage.rado said:

Warehouse was the best theme for PS1.6

If Warehouse is the best theme for prestashop, I don't know how the inferior ones must be. 🙂
After all, this theme consists of practically only bugs.

https://googlechrome.github.io/lighthouse/viewer/?psiurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwarehouse.iqit-commerce.com%2Fen%2F&strategy=mobile&category=performance&category=accessibility&category=best-practices&category=seo&category=pwa&utm_source=lh-chrome-ext

On 5/18/2023 at 3:27 AM, the.rampage.rado said:

Yes, it's fast but with few tweaks here and there Warehouse could go to 90% also. It all depends on the person behind the keyboard. @x97wehner are you ready with the error list so I can send you the modified files?

I've been swamped the last couple days. Plan to get back to it this weekend. Thanks.

Bumping this up.

I'm looking for a developer that could bring Warehouse into php8+ world. I know the work is not 'just couple of hours' effort.

Also I would like to share the fixed version with the supporters of the community so anybody that is willing to take on the job should be OK with that.

EDIT:

If somebody experience strange changes in their layered module when using multishop (missing attribute filters after reindexing) here we can find a solution. https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/329196-solved-multistore-problem-blocklayered-module/#comment-1665070 (the solution is for version 2.2 of PS layered filter on which Warehouse layered filter is based but I should be viable for thirtybees current layered filter as it uses the same code in this part. Probably somebody with multishop could investigate as my test instance is not currently configured that way).