thirty bees forum

I have crashed my site need some assistance if possible

The Pellet Guy

Question

Everything has been going so well  been really happy for the last couple of years 

Then I go into Modules  and see lots need updating im going through them 1 at a time all was good, I had about 6 left to do and clicked update all,  that was a big mistake  now im faced with 500 server error  cannot access the modules page  and have no idea what i need to do to fix it

all the controls that go anywhere inportant return 500 server error. 

im currently on

thirty bees version 1.1.0-1.1.x

Shop URL http://www.thepelletguys.com/

Current theme in use community-theme-default

Can anyone throw me a life line  I can access the back office but have limited access  I can see orders  for example  but have no access to things like Performance

I keepdaily backups  and can reinstate yesterdays was hoping there maybe a workaround I can try before I do this otherwise I lose yesterdays orders

I also downloaded the encryped data file and have attached

image.png.409218caeb0b4808185273b6b4b5a179.png

exception_20232149334.txt

11 answers to this question

Enable debug mode, as encoded encryptions are not useful for us.

FTP to your server, go to /config/ directory, edit file defines.inc.php, and change

/* Debug only */
if (!defined('_PS_MODE_DEV_')) {
    define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', false);
}

to

/* Debug only */
if (!defined('_PS_MODE_DEV_')) {
    define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', true);
}

Then you will see the actual error message.

2 minutes ago, The Pellet Guy said:

Site is back up  there seems to be a few visual issues I need to fix  but will get the host to implement a php upgrade 

I have other sites  running on the server  hopefully they will all be ok after upgrade

Good to see you could quickly solve the stressful issue 🙂

I am no expert at all on this field. But in plesk I can quite simply chose different php versions per site.

Still I wanna add: Not even php 7 is supported anymore. If some creepy guys find a hole in an old php version like 5.6, you might be very vulnerable. It's always better, to update when you have time and no stress, as you can test a lot of stuff. 

• Like 1

You are also running quite old version of thirty bees - 1.1.0.

I suggest you follow this path:

• first update your thirty bees to 1.3.0 (the last one that supports php5.6)
  • then update your php version to 7.4
  • update your thirty bees to 1.4.0
  • install collectlogs module and watch for any warnings / errors and deprecations. 
  • do not update to PHP 8 until you fix all those warnings/errors

It's a lot of work, I know, but it's not possible to stay at old versions of PHP forever. Your hosting provider might drop support for it in the future, you will not be able to install new modules (or new versions of your modules), there are security issues, etc.

Your store is like a shark -- if you stop moving forward it will die.  

• Like 1

OK this Caveman has been told and i have updated my PHP  its now on 7.4.33  for this sub domain,  there are a couple of minor issues one in the screen shot  I seem to have lost the use of my slider and thats throwing up an error 

Im all for updating but with limited knowledge its all very scary , I will take it slowly and get this up to speed over the course of the day,

image.png.a225163e05574eea21662ec2ee1f1fd7.png

I have turned the slider off for the time being until i can resolve this problem

My stats now read as follows  there are a couple of config errors at the bottom and im not sure the max execution time and memory limit are correct 

Paul

Edited by The Pellet Guy

FIRST - BACKUP your store at this point (FILES AND DB!!!!)

After you are at php7.4 you can update to latest edge version. Please note there are some changes in functionality in this version.

In order to do so you have to install core updater module. In it you will see MANY MANY changed files since TB1.1. In Settings you can choose stable version or edge (edge is currently the most up to date and stable version). After you update your files following the procedure in the module you will have to update your DB as well as there are many changes since 1.1. Some of the rows in DB update shows 'dangerous' - don't worry, the module is working perfectly

After you update you have to install the email transport module and choose your current email transport method and settings. Otherwise your shop will not send out emails. This is very simple and you will have no issue to update and install this module.

After that you should install error logs module there you will check all your errors, notices, warnings, etc. Go in each module that have rows there and solve the issues together with the module developer or if core with the community here.

Revolution slider (that you probably have a part of Warehouse) is not compatible with php8, it throws few notices under 7.4 and does not work on php8. I contacted the developer and there's no initiative to update it for 8 so we're stuck in finding new slider.

If you use maxmind module for anything positive you can install it at this point. If you don't use geolocation you don't need it.

VERY IMPORTANT: delete the above screenshot as it contains secure information about your db. When copying information from error log module delete your full path and domain.

Edited by the.rampage.rado
  • Like 1