thirty bees forum

EU OSS VAT taxes incorrectly applied

30knees

Hi,

This is relevant for sellers using the EU's OSS system for VAT taxes.

According to the information I have (different sources on the internet), if a B2C sale has:

• an invoice address outside your country
  • a delivery address in your country

You should use the tax rate of your country and not the tax rate of the destination country.

At least in my store this is done wrongly. 

Do you agree with my information AND is it the case with your shop, too?

• 2 weeks later...

If you believe that EU OSS VAT taxes have been incorrectly applied to your purchase, you should contact the seller or service provider to request a refund or correction of the VAT charges. You may also want to check the rules and regulations of the EU OSS system to ensure that the VAT has been correctly applied.

Under the EU OSS system, VAT is applied to certain types of cross-border sales of goods and services within the EU. However, there are specific rules and thresholds that determine when VAT should be applied, and how it should be calculated. If you believe that the VAT has been incorrectly applied, you should raise your concerns with the seller or service provider and provide them with any evidence or documentation that supports your claim.

If you are unable to resolve the issue with the seller or service provider, you may want to consider filing a complaint with the relevant tax authority in your country or the country where the seller or service provider is based. They may be able to investigate the matter and help you resolve the issue.

In any case, it is important to keep all relevant documentation, such as receipts, invoices, and correspondence with the seller or service provider, to support your claim and help you resolve the issue.

12 hours ago, 30knees said:

I wonder what the purpose of these AI bot posts is. There are no links to services. 

I bet it's about link.

Spammers these days don't post link immediately, they simulate "engaged discussion" with hope their post will not be deleted. If not, they will return after few days or weeks and edit the message ti contain link.

You can spot these quite easily, as they don't know what they are talking about. It's usually "thank you this helped me very much" kind of reply.

AI helps them a lot, unfortunately . They just ask the original question, and copy-paste whatever AI generates. It's smarter than anything they could come up with themselves.

It will make moderator work harder. We are thinking about disabling edit functionality for post older then few hours.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, datakick said:

It will make moderator work harder. We are thinking about disabling edit functionality for post older then few hours.

Hi,

The idea is quite good, but will penalize quality contributors who may have to come and correct their posts months later as part of an evolution or a link redirection failure, so it would be interesting to find a solution to keep this feature for these people and thus ensure the quality of the forum posts.

14 hours ago, 30knees said:

I wonder what the purpose of these AI bot posts is. There are no links to services. 

You can report any posts that you think are questionable with a reason to help the moderators maintain the quality of the forum, cleaning up the forum communally will cause the spammers to abandon the site for their misdeeds.