thirty bees forum

Images

led24ee

Question

I have problem with images. If there are many products and they use the same picture then TB makes pictures for every product. But if there isn't difference then why ? Is there any way to use the same generated pictures for many product ? Products are created by CSV import.

10 answers to this question

I believe it could be put into a module, but I don't believe it should be part of core.

1. Choose products that you want to associate with existing product's images.

2. Apply fixes in db to link to all existing images sizes

3. Have a statistics page with information shown for images usage stats, products w/o images, etc.

My plan was exactly "bound" one image with multiple products. So I have less images, but table in database is growing. So far this is idea only. An thanks to datakick explanation this idea reamins idea. So is there any way to put pictures in another server and tell TB where pictures are ? Plan B is very "original", just buy more inodes.

About how many products and images are we talking here? The idea to solve this in database will likely fail. 

If this is REALLY relevant I would solve this by some module or tpl-hack. I mean if you always show the same "information" in the image. I wonder why not put this image without ps_image in product.tpl or so!?

About 11 000 products. Some products have 5 pictures. So there will be more than half million pictures(I mean ps_image). With combinations TB can show "right" picture, choosen from all ps_images (You can choose image for every combination. From all pictures for this product) . For example with different color. Or different end caps for profile. I'm not sure this will work with modified product.tpl.

Well, client need picture, even if this is the same as for other product. In my example there is LED strip connection to power supply. This is drawing. Or You suggest that these pictures which are repeating can put in description. Then there is only one location for picture and no need to make ps_image every time ?